• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FOOTBALL ATTENDANCE !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Just doing a project for class but wanted to get everyone's input.  What could the athletic department do to get more students to games?  Any ideas, comments, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  This is for students living both on and off campus.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

Is there a serum out there that can make people care? If not you're going to be traveling a tough road on this one.

The problem is that the majority just don't care. Its gotten better over the past couple of years, but if the opponent isn't ranked or named UCF, they're not gonna show. Those that do are there to tailgate and treat it as a social event versus actually care about the game itself.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Here, you have the work cut out for you:

copy and paste this link:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=displa y;num=1135799333;start=45#45  

Guest RocoSmitty

I am a student, and the biggest thing is that a lot of people just don't care unless we play in-state schools.  Playing Cincy, Rutgers, UConn, and etc... are not exciting.  All of my friends are fans of either the Criminoles, Miami or UF, so it is hard for them to put their colors down to attend a game at Ray-Jay.  Overall, the only cure is either go to the ACC or SEC or make it to several bowl/BCS games and win and people overall not only students will come out.  An on-campus stadium would help, nothing too large, maybe around 35 to 40,000 with room to expand.

Guest BullsFans
Just doing a project for class but wanted to get everyone's input.  What could the athletic department do to get more students to games?  Any ideas, comments, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  This is for students living both on and off campus.

The Bullspen is the wrong venue....Conduct a survey of students who do not atttend the games.

Ask them:

1.  Why they don't attend football games

2.  What it would take to get them interested in attending games.

Guest RocoSmitty

I really have not attended many games over the past 3 years, but I did go to the FAMU, UCF, and UofL games, and one way to get more students out is to offer more free stuff at games like t-shirts, free food, thunderstix, and a chance to run on the field after a big win.  Also, have more afternoon or night games, don't have games the same time as other big games going on in the state, and games on national TV even if that means weeknights, those have been the games most attended by students since I've been here.  

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

WIN

WIN

WIN

WIN

WIN.....

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

Get a new OC AND QB-It should do!!!!

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

have a pregame tailgate with $5 all you can drink keg beer and cheap food for students.