• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Tournament

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

That's funny. You're from NY and you don't accept losing. When's the last time the Jets won anything? How about the Giants? The Knicks? Islanders? Rangers? Mets?

I believe the only team from NY that has won a major championship since the last time a Tampa team has won in 2 of 3 major sports is the Yankees and the only reason is because they are owned by a Tampa businessman. Funny. New yorkers don't accept losing.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Which accomplished what?

when he came to a respected conference USA (i use respected in that its more competitive to whatever conference CMU is in) how far did he go in the tourney???

How bout this year now that we are in the Big East?? How far did he go?  Has he won a game in the Big East this year?  

The other night I hear a stat about how the Big East had the bet winning percentage in the whole country.  After the comment, they immediately answered with a joke about South Florida and how they are holding the conference down.  

Is that embarassing to you?  When we lose to DePaul (which is the only shot to a BE win) will that be bad?  I say what the whole world says about USFs program and their coach you say what certain idiots that only attend USF would say.  

I went tto USF they are my team but it is embarassing.  Imagine if Steinbrenner was the AD of USF, you think Mac would still be here? HAHAHAHA NOOOO!!!  You know why?  Because he is a sports genius.  He knows what fills the crowd at Yankee stadium and what puts the Yankee symbol on everyones hats and t-shirts.  Its winning, not having a team with hard-working young men like cophbulls say (isnt that a little gay too?) or a team with character.  Does USF mens bball teasm have character?  The only character I know about them is that they are not putting wqinning as a priority.  

Herm - who should work with Steinbrenner and Trump and fire all the idiots.  

Steinbrenner is hardly a sports genius. He knows what it takes to win and that is MONEY.

Unfortunately USF doesn't have any. We are supposedly a football school in a basketball conference. Get used to it. If the school hasn't made the commitment to bball by now then I think we may be out of luck. It's all on football to make a name for this school.

I'm sure we could go back to the glory days in the sunbelt and make the tourney every year if that woud please you.

Im not here to compare NY sports with tampa sports.  And if I were you would have no chance idiot.  

The Jets won a superbowl, the superbowl that made the superbowl a special event.  The one where you believed ion the underdog with Joe Namath, you know how many teams in the NFL never own a Superbowl.. A lot.  (Idiot comment #1)

The Giants 1990-91 and 1986-87 - Thats two how many have the Bucs won? Who was the disgrace team in the tangerince uniforms for all those years and will not be good again for a long tim! (idiot comment #2)

The Knicks (1970 and 1973 world champs)  I know a long time ago, but theres a salary cap in the NBA so NY cant buy everyone like us real businessmen do (spend $) and win it all.  But still how many championships has Tamps basketball team won? Oh wait.... you already know (Idiot comment #3)

The Islanders (1980, 1981, 1982, 1983)  Count those up, or are you unable to.  Thats 4 years in a row.  Considered one of the best teams of all time.  A Dynasty.  (Idiot comment #4)

The Rangers (1994, 1940, 1933, 1928) 1993 one of the most heart felt Stanley Cups of all time with Mark Messier winnig it "for the people of New York"  Still gets press! Did you watch sportscenter the other night when they honored him.  How many stories about the lightning will be on sportscenter 10 years after their victory? None (didiot comment #5)

The Mets - 1969 - 1986

The opnly team in the world you can ask anyone in the country no matter where they are from and if they have some sort of sports knowledge they can name about 10 guys on the 1986 Mets team.  Most liked team of all time.  Doc, Strawberry, Mookie, Gary Carter, Keith Hernandez, jessie orosco, Ray Knight, Tim Tueffel, Lenny Dyskra, wally backman.  I cant even name 3 guys on the Devil Rays right now (sarcastic) but most people cannot.  (Idiot comment #6)

2 of 3 major sports (Idiot comment #7, there are 4 major sports moron.)

Owned by a Tampa businessman?  Steinbrenner is from Ohio and had a bus.down in Tampa and in NY and in various other states.  (Idiot comment #8)

Wow stick to USf sports, its the ONLY topic you might be able to spar minds with me.  But you still are an Idiot for your comments on the program anyway.  

Herm - calling peoples stupididty from now on!

The main point Bull94 is that in NY we are not so wrapped up in our organization that if someone tells us coach Mac is a good respectable guy, and he runs a tight shift and you can trust your kids with him.  na dhe has the right values and hes gonna make this a winning program. --- The he doesnt, we are not ashamed to tell him to take a hike.  It is just mind boggling how anyone can say they believe coach mac is a good coach and we are heading in the right direction.

But you go paint yourself up for USF vs UCONN when we lose by 50 I will be laughing at youm, then yelling at Mac very clearly so he hears me call him a bum.  

Herm - maybe I can run him out on my own. Hmmmm

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  152

I like herman's passion.  It's nice to see an alum upset about a basketball program that has done nothing but lose in the last 3 years.  I am with you herm.  

If we could just put togethers smazza's no bull**** attitude towards our football program and mormart's lets get this thing going in the right direction attitude concerning our basketball program - maybe things could get going in the right direction

Curious to see where reuben stands.?  Maybe he is out back having strawberry daiquris with triple b.  I'll check on him.

If it's an consolation to all the complainers on this board...I think woolard feels your pain.  He doesn't want to preside over a basketball program that isn't competing for conference titles -- big east or con usa -- he wants a winner.

that is why he was such a good hire.

peace,

Longdongdong

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Which accomplished what?

when he came to a respected conference USA (i use respected in that its more competitive to whatever conference CMU is in) how far did he go in the tourney???

I was talking about the CUSA tourney .......... but you knew that already. This is just some of your "play dumb with the USF history" shtick.

Guest rueben_Horowitz

Trip - Herman doesn't play dumb. You need to let it go; we're not the same person.

Herm - Way to kill them with kindness LOL.

Ari (longdong) - Give it a rest man; and couldn't you come up with a better name than longdong? Pretty pathetic, and very untrue from what the ladies say about you. You call me spineless, yet you switch your usermame b/c it has your real email attached to it, pansy.  Who thinks they're staying at my house for the next two weeks?? Keep it up a$$hole and you'll be sleeping on Herm's couch instead of that nice queen bed in my spare room.

Yawn,

Rueb

Im not here to compare NY sports with tampa sports.  And if I were you would have no chance idiot.  

The Jets won a superbowl, the superbowl that made the superbowl a special event.  The one where you believed ion the underdog with Joe Namath, you know how many teams in the NFL never own a Superbowl.. A lot.  (Idiot comment #1)

The Giants 1990-91 and 1986-87 - Thats two how many have the Bucs won? Who was the disgrace team in the tangerince uniforms for all those years and will not be good again for a long tim! (idiot comment #2)

The Knicks (1970 and 1973 world champs)  I know a long time ago, but theres a salary cap in the NBA so NY cant buy everyone like us real businessmen do (spend $) and win it all.  But still how many championships has Tamps basketball team won? Oh wait.... you already know (Idiot comment #3)

The Islanders (1980, 1981, 1982, 1983)  Count those up, or are you unable to.  Thats 4 years in a row.  Considered one of the best teams of all time.  A Dynasty.  (Idiot comment #4)

The Rangers (1994, 1940, 1933, 1928) 1993 one of the most heart felt Stanley Cups of all time with Mark Messier winnig it "for the people of New York"  Still gets press! Did you watch sportscenter the other night when they honored him.  How many stories about the lightning will be on sportscenter 10 years after their victory? None (didiot comment #5)

The Mets - 1969 - 1986

The opnly team in the world you can ask anyone in the country no matter where they are from and if they have some sort of sports knowledge they can name about 10 guys on the 1986 Mets team.  Most liked team of all time.  Doc, Strawberry, Mookie, Gary Carter, Keith Hernandez, jessie orosco, Ray Knight, Tim Tueffel, Lenny Dyskra, wally backman.  I cant even name 3 guys on the Devil Rays right now (sarcastic) but most people cannot.  (Idiot comment #6)

2 of 3 major sports (Idiot comment #7, there are 4 major sports moron.)

Owned by a Tampa businessman?  Steinbrenner is from Ohio and had a bus.down in Tampa and in NY and in various other states.  (Idiot comment #8)

Wow stick to USf sports, its the ONLY topic you might be able to spar minds with me.  But you still are an Idiot for your comments on the program anyway.  

Herm - calling peoples stupididty from now on!

You said NY fans don't accept losing.

Funny looks like most of your examples prove that they don't mind losing for 20+ years.

Dude the NJ Jets won a super bowl before I was even born and I'm old! Before the Bucs inception!

2 of 3 took into consideration that TB does not have a basketball team. By the looks of the Knicks for the past 30+ years neither do they.

How many of these championships were won in the past 20 years?  

You bash Mac for not being able to put together a winning team in 2 1/2 years and yet you ACCEPT and make EXCUSES for your NY teams inability to win anything in 20 years.

Steinbrenner chooses to live in Tampa.

Obviously you can't compare sports histories when talking NY and Tampa but you stated that NY fans don't accept losing. That's not a fact.

In fact most NY franchise fans have accepted losing for 20+ years. It's been almost 40 years for your N.J. Jets. I guess by those standards Mac has another 34 years for you to accept.