• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Signing Day Gathering at The Bull Ring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295
  • Days Won:  0

seems like a good reason to get over there and check this place out first hand...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

The Bull Ring...we went after the bball game on tues night.

Some thoughts:

- food was pretty **** good, bartender was not.

- if the place is gonna be advertised as THE official Bulls hangout, get the Philadelphia Eagles crap off the wall.

- along those same lines, 2 walls of Bulls stuff is not enough, IF youre going to advertise yourself as THE official Bulls hangout. The place needs to be overflowing with green and gold crap.

- maybe nitpicking, but put a TV on the north wall...please.

Point one, agree totally. Cheesesteak was awesome, but it wasn't really that busy to have to wait as long as we did for beverage refills.

On points two and three. I was looking online to find their contact information to see if they had my lost wallet, and the only place I found their phone number was on an Eagles fan club website that listed the Bull Ring as the official Eagles fan watch location for football season. Unfortunately, this is something we'll have to deal with for now because they know that Eagles fans will pack the place and bring in some money. We need to show them that we will pack the place for USF events on a consistant basis, starting with this event.

As for the Bulls stuff, give it time. They just opened and have more Bulls stuff than any other establishment in the area. I like the merchandise section in the front. Lets just hope that over time they are able to get some donations or old equipment from the athletic dept to keep the decorating going.

And on your final note, yes, you are nitpicking, like you always do.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618

gross, how could we let what's supposed to be OUR sports themed restaurant/bar or whatever to be the official Eagles watch party site in friggin Tampa?!?!?!?

that's disgusting...

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

I like how everyone bitches about a place trying to support USF. **** I am glad my shop is far away from campus.

I would hate to get knit picked on not having only green and gold flowers.

These guys are try to stay in business. And if there is not enough support from Bulls Fans, the will market towards other teams. ie The Eagles.

They are in business to make money and stay in business.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

I like how everyone bitches about a place trying to support USF. **** I am glad my shop is far away from campus.

I would hate to get knit picked on not having only green and gold flowers.

These guys are try to stay in business. And if there is not enough support from Bulls Fans, the will market towards other teams. ie The Eagles.

They are in business to make money and stay in business.

It's not a matter of not enough support from Bulls fans because we really haven't had a chance to show or not. The Eagles thing was a decision made regardless of how Bulls fans took to the place. I guess one of the owners is a Philly fan. Doesn't one of the owners' son/daughter got to PSU?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Eagles games are on Sunday...

Is it that bad that a rest. owner wants to find other markets to get people in their place of business? The largest causality of new businesses are usually restraunts so finding any avenue is a good idea.

I've been to the Gainesville Alehouse in gainesville Gator oriented theme unlike most Ale Houses, and they have a million Steeler fans there on sunday)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

I don't think people are trying to come down on the Bull Ring for this. I think the animosity is more directed towards the fact that its an Eagles Fan Club. Everyone on here goes on and on ad naseum about supporting the home team and why people support UF and FSU and Miami when USF is right here, but now we see that a group of Philly fans is taking over "Our" bar.

I take the same stance as Joe. The Eagles (and NFL in general) are a different entity entirely from the Bulls (football and otherwise). What we need to do is start packing this place on a regular basis with USF supporters (whether it be for road games, after games, just to stop in, etc.) and thank these people for giving us this outlet. The Eagles are good for 16 - 19 Sundays a year, but if we don't support "Our" bar year-round, we'll be right back to complaining that there is no place for us to go and watch the Bulls and to call our own.