• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Signing Day Gathering at The Bull Ring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

Trust me I hate the Eagles and most other teams from Philly. But NFL teams bring money to bars. In Pinellas we have a ******** of Steelers, Bills, Browns, Eagles.... places. Those fans go out and spend money. So why wouldn't a place cater to them. Especially if they can't break into the Bucs market share.

I am just saying lets cut them some slack and get out and support this place. I know a few other investors personally that have been there and are thinking about doing something similar in another avenue.

But the biggest thing they tell me, everytime they read a post about a private USF venture it comes across mostly negative. This will deter from USF people from opening up these types of places.

I am not saying everything is perfect at the Bull Ring, but they did shell out 5mil for the place. And the beer is cold.

We have to support USF places no matter what. So what if you spend a buck or two more on a burger. Spend it.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

Trust me I hate the Eagles and most other teams from Philly. But NFL teams bring money to bars. In Pinellas we have a ******** of Steelers, Bills, Browns, Eagles.... places. Those fans go out and spend money. So why wouldn't a place cater to them. Especially if they can't break into the Bucs market share.

I am just saying lets cut them some slack and get out and support this place. I know a few other investors personally that have been there and are thinking about doing something similar in another avenue.

But the biggest thing they tell me, everytime they read a post about a private USF venture it comes across mostly negative. This will deter from USF people from opening up these types of places.

I am not saying everything is perfect at the Bull Ring, but they did shell out 5mil for the place. And the beer is cold.

We have to support USF places no matter what. So what if you spend a buck or two more on a burger. Spend it.

Just need to make a mental of when the Eagles have a televised game and give the place a day or two after ward to air out ........  ;)

Of course, if the NFL starts with their absurd notion of a lot more weekday games, this could be a bit dicey with our Saturday away games.  :-/

Yeah we will just pray we never overlap with Eagle Fan. Unless JR is lighting it up for them. Then I will have to cheer for them.

Guest rueben_horowitz

I can attest to this. I spend at least $100 at the bar on Sunday's watching the Bills get stomped. So do my Eagles, Jets, Giants' friends. It's a no-brainer for the bar.

I don't think it is a big deal that they have Eagles stuff at the Bull Ring. If enough of us support the place, they'll gladly replace the Eagles crap with Bulls stuff. In the meantime, they'll take what they can get.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

I agree with you 100% Bloom. I could care less about it being an Eagles Fan Club place. If I owned a restaurant and someone approached me and said "Hey, can we advertise you as our 'Official ______ Fan Club Bar'" and they said that they would have 40, 50+ people in per game I'd say hell yes. Just like you said, its a business and if its going to bring in money then go for it.

We just need to make sure that ALL Bulls realize what the proprietors of this establishment are trying to do for us and give them our unrelented support. All football season I read about the great times everyone had watching games at Capognia's over there in Pinellas and I think we need to do the same thing with the Bull Ring over here in Hillsborough. Like I said, if we don't throw our support behind this place, it will start to get over-run with fans of other teams, then everyone will be complaining that we don't have any place to watch a game with other Bulls fans.

Lets show up tomorrow night and let them see right now that the Bulls are as excited about the Bull Ring as they are about the Bulls. Shoop and I were making our plans earlier to be in attendance. Hope to see everyone there!!!

Yeah if you can make it out there, show up for a drink or 2. I am going to meet up with about 5 other out there. Then I have haul ass about an hour back to the beaches.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

I don't think it is a big deal that they have Eagles stuff at the Bull Ring. If enough of us support the place, they'll gladly replace the Eagles crap with Bulls stuff. In the meantime, they'll take what they can get.

Oh sure, but would you be this forgiving if it was a Dolphins bar?   8)

It is a smart business move on their part and besides, it could have been worse. Could have been a Raider bar ....

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Its in a nicer area of town, how could it be a Raider bar?

Or even worse a Falcons bar with Ronnie Mexico's picture all over the place.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  894

Or even worse a Falcons bar with Ronnie Mexico's picture all over the place.

"Come watch the game here or Ron Mexico will come to your house and pass his 'love' on to you"

and watch out if he recruits the younger Mexico to join his cause, or else you'll get stomped on in the process