• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is USF not getting football recruits...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

How about Joe Jackson.... 

Does he at least where shoes?  

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

How is his flowery USF post any different then your ignorant laided opinion about recruiting and talent?

Ignorant? Nice. Okay, I'll give you facts.

Disregard these:

1. USF is 58th overall in recruiting in the country.

2. USF is 5th overall in the Big East in recruting behind

Pitt, Louisville, Rutgers, and Syracuse.

3. Pitt is #1 in the Big East. They have recruits from

PA, OH, NY and FL.

4. Pitt has 6 4-star recruits.

5. USF has 1 4-star recruit.

6. Both Pitt & Louisville have 12 3-star recruits.

7. USF has 6 3-star recruits.

However, my original argument was that there are quality players outside the state of Florida. Pitt came to FL and got four - why doesn't USF go elsewhere and get some?

If it's simply $$$ there is not much that can be done about it, yet. Just wondering if that was/is the only factor.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,818
  • Days Won:  22

Is what you do with the players you get. Those schools have ranked higher in recruiting than USF in the past and we went 3-1 agains them.

Wether you want to admit it or not USF DOES NOT have the name recognition those schools have. Get us to a few Bowls and youll see that happen.

When Miami was first becoming a power they recruited almost exclusively down in South florida as they won and their name became better known they expanded their recruiting.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,086
  • Days Won:  172

sbien is about insulting

his man leavitt is being embarrased in recruiting

dave w out coached leavitt and is now out recruiting him

how can usf be out recruited by anyone in big east?

disgraceful

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,594
  • Days Won:  424

Ignorant? Nice. Okay, I'll give you facts.

2. USF is 5th overall in the Big East in recruting behind

Pitt, Louisville, Rutgers, and Syracuse.

You want facts .......

USF 45  Louisville 14

USF 45  Rutgers 31

USF 27  Syracuse 0

They don't give attaboy points during the season for some mythical recruiting ranking .......

Doesn't the hoops team give you enough to satisfy your incessant need to ***** and moan?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree with Bein, while this class doesn't have the NAME guy liek Hill last year, it's much better.

LeBrandon Glover is one of the top LBer's in the state. I would decribe him as a "ball hawk." Because he's in Pensacola he's been largely ignored. I hope we hang on to this kid

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I actually believe FSU, and Miami's slips from the upper echelon has coincided a bit with their desire to take recruiting a bit more national.  Gone is the circle the wagon mentalities those schools had in the 80's and 90's, sorta "Us against the world."  Miami-Dade against everyone, FL vs. the rest of the country mentality.

There is some truth here.  USF does not need to leave FL to recruit.  Leavitt should only go out of state for 2 positions - QB & Kicker.  And those need to be world class before even considering it.  Right now USF can't win a recruiting war for a nationally recruited QB anyway.

Additionally, the game of football is really won on the frontlines and FL is stocked.  USF just needs to start beating the big 3 for the 3-4 star players.  IMO, a 2 star defensive player will be a 4 star by the time he graduates from USF.  Now offensive players are another story.  USF developem't appears to be lacking w/the exception of RB ie Franks & Hall.

Guest S.  Bien
I agree with Bein, while this class doesn't have the NAME guy liek Hill last year, it's much better.

LeBrandon Glover is one of the top LBer's in the state. I would decribe him as a "ball hawk." Because he's in Pensacola he's been largely ignored. I hope we hang on to this kid

Exactly....and yes jfcohio you're post is ignorant.  If you're uninformed, and lack insight in the top that's ignorant.  If you consider that insulting then possibly choose another topic.

For example jfcohio, there are good football players in every state, but there are more in FL.  SO, if Leavitt can get his fill in FL then WHY go to another state.  FURTHERMORE, if the entire recruiting world regards FL as the Mecca of recruiting states East of the MISSISSIPPI again, then why look further.  If talent is equal why shouldn't Leavitt stick to a player closer to home?

There, does that satisfy your question, or will you personify it, and make it more than just a casual question?  

By the way, AGAIN,  you use these stupid star websites that generally are very, very subjective.  I use much more true, real ways to measure a class.  As I've stated often in the past I look at All-State teams, All-Region teams, how unbiased newspaper rate the top 100 players in the state or area, ala Bill Buchalter.

If you want a list from a guy that probably knows more about HS football and recruiting then anyone in rivals, or scout.com then look at the Orlando Sentinel's list of the top 100 in the state by Bill Buchalter.  Mr. Buchalter assembles his list based on true talent, performance, and future potential.  He's not worried about how many members that a particular recruit of a particular school has in a network, or the influences of certain website managers, or schools.  He doesn't take some kids size, or performance at a particular camp to task.  He doesn't take an arbitrary list of schools that are supposedly recruiting a kid to determine his ability or worth.

GIVEN THOSE FACTS, here is Bill's top 100 for 2006.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/highschool/orl-statetop1001105dec11,0,157732.story?coll=orl-sports-recruiting-special

Currently USF has 8 players solidly committed from that list.  In addition, #11, #14, #17, #41, #45, #54, #64, #78, and #92 are still giving us heavy consideration, of which you can expect probably 1-2 will give USF a commitment.  

By comparison, UCF only has three on that list.

We've got 8 players right now that are 1st team all-state.  That's big.

Here's the Jacksonville Times-Union Super 24, that's a 3-4 county sprawl, and we've got two maybe three off that list.

http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/010106/hig_20700057.shtml

You can go through and find that despite what you may read on the very biased, and very subjective Rivals websites, USF is doing extremely well in recruiting.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bien, I have always been a fan of and will always be one of Bill Buckhalter. He was rating talent before there were real talent rating agencies.

Usually the high star guys are good, BUT there are PLENTY of guys not on that list that provide a lot for a school. Don't let the stars scare you into believing this class doesn't have talent.

Guest S.  Bien

You want a fine example of Bill Buchalter at his best.

Stephen Nicholas.

That's right, Stephen Nicholas.  Rivals barily knew his name in 2002, and gave him only two stars.  I believe he was the 39th best recruit on Bill's top 100 that year.  Furthermore, he chose USF over UGA, and UL who both wanted him bad.  The rest is history, but given Nicholas' accomplishments and accolades I believe Bill was more right on then any of these website gurus!