• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Why is USF not getting football recruits...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Back in the original topic.  I think your factors are right on, except for #5.  For recruits, playing RJS is a plus.

I think its hit or miss for most recruits. If we had 65,000 screaming fans at every game it might be different the kids like to play in electric environments.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

IMO, Leavitt believes FL talent is sufficient and the recruiting budget & lack of a private jet hinders flying around the country unlike UF, FSU & UM.

Guest rueben_horowitz
Why? Because it is intelligently laid-out and has information to back it, and you only want to throw out your flowery, I love USF sports just because they exist, posts?

LOL. b/c they exist -- great quote.

Guest rueben_horowitz
IMO, Leavitt believes FL talent is sufficient and the recruiting budget & lack of a private jet hinders flying around the country unlike UF, FSU & UM.

Good point. I agree with that; I think there is sufficient talent in FL.

We should focus on our home state first.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I guess I can see both sides of the argument on that one. But, if that were 100% true (not saying it is/isn't) wouldn't you think it would be even more of a draw for an out-of-state recruit?

I imagine it is, but like someone else said, USF's focus is in-state.  I think as we make a name for ourselves, you'll see us going out of state a little more.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

recuiting...lokka t the product it produces on the field

on defense stellar (except for last year)

offense jury is out because we have not had a QB.

so we are good and as we get more consistant the recuiting will improve.

we only major complaint is the lack of QB recuiting for the last 3-4 years

and that seems to be improving.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

we only major complaint is the lack of QB recuiting for the last 3-4 years

and that seems to be improving.

On that note:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Prospects;action=display;num=1138206046

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I can't wait till we beat The gay-turds in 2008-9

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I'd be more than happy just staying in state all the time.  Out of state recruits hit our budget much harder from an out-of-state tuition standpoint.

Guest S.  Bien

Why? Because it is intelligently laid-out and has information to back it, and you only want to throw out your flowery, I love USF sports just because they exist, posts?

How is his flowery USF post any different then your ignorant laided opinion about recruiting and talent?

This class is outstanding so far by USF standards.  I can't even spend the time explaining it.  Actually, most have spent the past five years blowing smoke, but in reality this is better than last years, and brings in the size and speed necessary to compete in the BE.

For example, Alwan Lee, regardless of position this kid is a tremendous athlete.  Throw QB out of the equation, he's as shifty an athlete as you'll find with very good speed and size (throw out the stupid rivals info).  He was so good his peers say he's the #16 player in Miami-Dade, 1st team all-state as a utility player, and if he doesn't pan out at QB, he's got more than enough talent to be a fantastic WR, or DB.  Just because rivals gives him two stars doesn't mean I have to complain.   Many of us have seen Alwan play first hand, I saw him play Armwood in the playoffs two years in a row- we got a tremendous talent and real leader.

How about Joe Jackson....he was a starter at DE in the Cali v. FL All-Star game.  He's light at just under 210lbs, but some say he can run sub-4.5....despite his weight he was 1st team all-state at DE in 4A, he's the #13 player in Miami-Dade regardless of position.  Just because rivals gives him two stars is that suppose to make me upset?  UF gets a verbal from a 6-4 196lbs DE from GA, and he's a four star, and they get applauded.  We get a verbal from a 6-5 206lbs DE that was the #13 player in Miami-Dade and 1st team all-state in 4A and we've got ignorant asses questioning his weight and talent.  Sad.  Do any of you realize that Josh Julmiste showed up at USF 6-6 and UNDER 215lbs, and he's now 260lbs, and he gained it in a year.  

How about Aaron Harris- he wasn't high profile enough for some people.  He garnered 1st team all-state for 3A, and was the Area Defensive POY.   Should I be upset because rivals or scout reporters were not informed enough to know about him?

How about Sabbath Joseph.  1st team all-state in 6A, the #9 player in Miami-Dade regardless of position.  He's a 6-0 215lbs LB that runs a sub-4.5, hits like a mack truck, 30 inch vert, has shuttle times comparable to most WR's and corners, and he's strong as an ox.  He's probably going with USF over Ariz. State, LSU, Cinci, and Ole Miss....because he's got two stars I am suppose to fret?

All anyone tries to tell us is that Miami-Dade area is the pancea of football recruiting.  The area oozes HS talent.  Look at the top 25 athletes in that area, and USF has three locked up, and another five that could still be ours before Feb. 1 (Bryan Miller, Thaddeus Lewis, Baldwin, Walker, and Javon Hill).  Why do I need to leave FL when talent like this is at our door step.  I actually believe FSU, and Miami's slips from the upper echelon has coincided a bit with their desire to take recruiting a bit more national.  Gone is the circle the wagon mentalities those schools had in the 80's and 90's, sorta "Us against the world."  Miami-Dade against everyone, FL vs. the rest of the country mentality.