• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our Crowd Blows.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

15 years of not having a team going to the NCAA tournament will suck the wind out of almost anyones sails.  I almost always have no voice when I leave after a game but you will never get alumni to cheer like students.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  1,633

I was in the B-Ball band for 4 years from 2000-2003 and the alumni do seem to "sit on their hands." For a long time, and for many games the only people that were fired up were the guys that sat behind the goal posts, next to the band. What I always found funny, what that the university would blast us band members for being loud and getting rowdy. There was this "little Italian guy" who would threaten to get us kicked out of the athletic band program.

Yeah, there were times when we went a little overboard, like when we would wear brown paper bags on our heads to the women's game, but it gave the the crowd(less than 200, I know cause I counted), something to chuckle about.

I think the university is at fault big time, by not getting people out to the games, students or otherwise. There is nothing on campus promoting the games and when is the last time you heard of anyone giving away USF Basketball tickets as a promo? I can't think of a time when they did that. That is just bad marketing. Back in the day(2000, '01) when bigger programs would come to town, shirts would be given away at the games. Does anyone remember 'Greenbergapolis.' I was there, drinking beer outside the SunDome every nite in anticipation to the upcoming games.

Where is that now?

Maybe if there was excitment surrounding the program, there will be excitment within the program.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

What is the "BRICK" about?

Brick = missed shot.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

the "brick" is actually pretty clever and i can't think of another school that does it.  thebouncer the reason we don't do greenbergopolis is because they are supposedly building a practice area where it was.  also it takes alot to approve us being out there.  also students don't care about the games, its sad to say it, but there are a handful of us who would actually campout for a game.  i was actually part of the first people to bring out tents for greenbergopolis, so i know what went into getting it all done, and sheriff can put his imput also

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Remember we tried to revive tent city for the louisville game 3 years ago and nearly got busted? We still hung out all night and did it to it, even in the cold and rain.    Reaper

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i remember that, i left for a few hours and came back early in the morning, two sororities which will be left nameless never showed up when invited >:(

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I think the rain kept a lot away, even with Terry's buddies stereo!!! The giant subs you guys brought were awesome though.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I think the university is at fault big time, by not getting people out to the games, students or otherwise. There is nothing on campus promoting the games .

Schedule cards are printed every season (I know because I have one,) I'm sure it gets a mention in the Oracle.  Is there just sooooooooooo much happening on campus that students get confused?

I was outside b4 the game, I saw many older (even elderly) fans struggling to make it up the steep incline to get into the dome.  Istead of complaining about them because they don't act like 20 year olds, start complaining to your 20 year old friends.  I can gaurantee you, those "older" fans make more of an impact than the students who don't bother to show up.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Here lemme overdramtisize. I saw a 70 year old man who'd been in a wheelchair his whole life get up and walk into the dome.

Yes, our student support BLOWS too. However, the students comprised 1/3rd or more of the crowd from what I've heard (not saying much at 5,400). But, I'm not going to start the student support argument, we have that going in another thread by a survey blown WAY out of proportion.