• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Email Response from the President of BAP

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Someone isn't too happy with me...  ;D This guy did give me a good laugh!

Michael,

Thanks for the email,  who are you and why are you emailing me about this?  First of all, please don't tell me how to run my organization.  Second, this was not a test it was a fun survey given to the pledges and members to help pair up people with similarities. Most of us who have grown up in Florida have a preference to one school or the other, maybe it is just a bias towards one of the school's football programs.  When trying to match people up, obviously you would not want an avid gator fan paired up with a seminole. Also, the person who created the survey did not attend FSU or UF.  Third,  your email made reference to why I left UF to come to school at USF.  Believe me it had nothing to do with the quality of the education I received at UF. In your email you referred to my education at UF as shoddy and secondhand.  Mike, here are some quick facts about UF, last year UF ranked 2nd to HARVARD in the number of national merits scholars attending, yes that is right HARVARD was the only other school with more National Merit Scholars.  Impressive, I thought you might like that one.  Also, did you know UF is the only Florida school that ranks as a top 50 public university in the nation.  Mike, I have more do you want me to go on with this. Lastly,  I hope you can find something to do with your time out in Arizona besides emailing presidents of your alma mater, telling them how to do their job.  Arizona has lots of golf courses or maybe you should consider dating.  Just a thought.  One final note,  I have no regrets about coming to school at USF, I have enjoyed my time here for graduate school.  The survey in no way was meant to disrespect USF, their current students, or their alumni.  

Sincerely,

Loren Mottram

Beta Alpha Psi

President Spring 2006

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

This is the response to my email from the individual who wrote the questionnaire.

'I saw that email you sent to Loren, and just to let you know, Loren didn't write that questionnaire, I did.  I'm a friend of Loren's in the organization, my name is Jon Mendoza, and how did you, all the way in Scottsdale, Arizona, from the USF class of 2004, get my questionnaire?  I understand that you're very proud of USF, but I mean like, don't let something like a little question on a half-serious questionnaire faze you.  Lighten up a little, fella!  By the way, I've been at USF for 3 years, and I love it.  If you're dying to know why I put that question in the questionnaire, I can't even tell you, I just did it.  I mean like, why not?  It doesn't matter where you go to college, all that matters is what you do when you get there.  Everyone fits in different ways in different places, whether it be Gainesville, Tallahassee, Florida, Scottsdale, wherever.  Try not to come to too hasty conclusions, try not to get offended so easily, and it's "cess", not "cest" pool  '

-Jon Mendoza  

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  585
  • Days Won:  0

This is the response to my email from the individual who wrote the questionnaire.

...I understand that you're very proud of USF, but I mean like, don't let something like a little question on a half-serious questionnaire faze you.  ...I just did it.  I mean like, why not?  ...and it's "cess", not "cest" pool  '

-Jon Mendoza  

It's great that a person who actually types "like" in his written correspondence as if he were carrying on a conversation with a teenager sees fit to correct a spelling error.  

USFFan

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Its sensless condesending emails like this that make our fans look Arena League.

I've said it once and will say it again, emails to people like this only make us look like we're desparate to be important. Let the team take care of the respect factor, our job as fans is to keep supporting the team by going to their games, etc.

I know this is on campus and so-on, and its sad that a current student would ask such a question on a survey, but as stated before the only way these things are going to disappear is WITH TIME.

Much like the FSU fan in the newspaper (that one person called on here), Bill Plaske, and other people who have said things against USF that were attacking but minor. It makes us look desparate for respect.

My Point: The current fans are good fans! Let the team earn the respect and these type questions or comments WILL NO LONGER EXIST ON CAMPUS.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  420

Someone isn't too happy with me...  ;D This guy did give me a good laugh!

Michael,

Thanks for the email,  who are you and why are you emailing me about this?  First of all, please don't tell me how to run my organization.  Second, this was not a test it was a fun survey given to the pledges and members to help pair up people with similarities. Most of us who have grown up in Florida have a preference to one school or the other, maybe it is just a bias towards one of the school's football programs.  When trying to match people up, obviously you would not want an avid gator fan paired up with a seminole. Also, the person who created the survey did not attend FSU or UF.  Third,  your email made reference to why I left UF to come to school at USF.  Believe me it had nothing to do with the quality of the education I received at UF. In your email you referred to my education at UF as shoddy and secondhand.  Mike, here are some quick facts about UF, last year UF ranked 2nd to HARVARD in the number of national merits scholars attending, yes that is right HARVARD was the only other school with more National Merit Scholars.  Impressive, I thought you might like that one.  Also, did you know UF is the only Florida school that ranks as a top 50 public university in the nation.  Mike, I have more do you want me to go on with this. Lastly,  I hope you can find something to do with your time out in Arizona besides emailing presidents of your alma mater, telling them how to do their job.  Arizona has lots of golf courses or maybe you should consider dating.  Just a thought.  One final note,  I have no regrets about coming to school at USF, I have enjoyed my time here for graduate school.  The survey in no way was meant to disrespect USF, their current students, or their alumni.  

Sincerely,

Loren Mottram

Beta Alpha Psi

President Spring 2006

Did you send Loren a response?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Terry, did you ask him why his frat, and other frats for that measure,are not out in force to BBall games like other Universities? Everywhere you see, frats are represented BIG TIME at other schools. What makes us so different?

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

BAP is not a Social Fraternity like the fraternities in the Greek Village area.  

i dont really know what email you were expected back after your initial email sheriff, but you pretty much left out the professionalism and settled to bash a UF education.  I'm about to Grad USF this semester, USF was my only choice outta HS, and I think highly of both schools.  Granted its great to talk smack on gamedays, but degree's and educations... c'mon

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

almost all the frat kids at USF are complete buster browns....

i have personally punked atleast 15 of them.  they all wear those sorry ass shirts tring to buy friends.

ill admit..i grew up an FSU fan...i still root for FSU.....and i still HATE the gators.....but if USF was to play FSU you BETTER believe i would be rootin for them bulls./

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This is a professional frat, not your pledges get beat frat.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  701

almost all the frat kids at USF are complete buster browns....

i have personally punked atleast 15 of them.  they all wear those sorry ass shirts tring to buy friends.

ill admit..i grew up an FSU fan...i still root for FSU.....and i still HATE the gators.....but if USF was to play FSU you BETTER believe i would be rootin for them bulls./

maybe you're "that guy" i blackballed from getting initiated :)

jk, i know the stereotypes, but Greeks and Student Clubs support University activities more than anyone.   In one breath people ***** about no one cheering for USF and in the other breath you're calling out a large group that you call "buster browns" that you punked.  

I do understand everyone feels 8 feet tall behind their keyboards and doesn't realize what gets typed.