• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

the bulls are weak

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

what is power clean?  i have never heard of it

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Think Olympic lift...

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

fbdo79- you  seem to know the nuances of the game

"Now Smazza may be on to something that I have been noticing alittle.  If you look at our roster numbers for height and weight, we are comparable to almost anybody in the country.  But when you see us in real life its a different ball game. "

"But when you see us in real life its a different ball game.  For the most part, a lot of our guys look smaller muscularly than our opposition, again with exceptions"

I SEE MOST OF YOU DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT THE POST AND THAT IS OK BUT I WOULD EXPECT OUR COACHES WOULD

we need real coaches NOT fake coaches like rod smith and our strength and conditioning coach

i venture to say we have few players that are 3-4-5 players and it shows on the field.

MAYBE IT TAKES A TRAINED EYE OF SOMEONE WATCHING THE GAME 40 YEARS TO SEE THE LACK OF TEAM STRENGTH

TB- i was talking with very knowledgeable people last night at laker game and this 3-4-5 came up.

it explains why our lineman get man handled at times and our linebackers,while very fast,can't seem to finish tackles

tnbull posts BTW, 300 lb power clean, 400 lb bench, and 500lb squat are not comparable at all.THE BETTER PLAYERS CAN DO THESE NUMBERS

You are 100% wrong.our guys can't do it but these are numbers that all top players in the categories i mentioned strive to achieve

leavitation posts-Exactly I could squat +600 by my soph year in high school. Although 300lb power clean isnt all that much either. I was doing about 240 my junior year (in competition). I would imagine our lineman could all accomplish these goals. The 400lb bench also should be a very attainable mark.  

i SUBMIT THAT MOST OF OUR PLAYERS CANNOT DO IT.YOU MUST HAVE BEEN A VERY STRONG FELLOW IN YOUR DAY

WE WOULD NEVER HAVE LOST TO UCONN OR PITT IF WE HAD SUCH TEAM STRENGTH.

ASTRO- I ASSURE YOU THOSE NUMBERS ARE HARD FOR TODAYS SLEEK AND ATHLETIC PLAYER TO ACHIEVE WITHOUT EXTREME HARD WORK IN THE WEIGHT ROOM

IF FRANK DAVIS CAN DO THIS  OK BUT MOST OF THE TEAM CANNOT

LEAVITATION- I AM NOT BLOWING SMOKE.WE ARE A WEAK TEAM.DIDN'T YOU WATCH ANY OF THE GAMES MAN.ONE MAY BELONG TO THIS CLUB BUT MOST DON'T.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I'm sure glad that you have a conversation at a basketball game and suddenly have the solution to what our team needs... ::)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

TB- i was talking with very knowledgeable people last night at laker game and this 3-4-5 came up.

Was just wondering ......... thanks.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  53
  • Days Won:  0

That does not determine the strenght of a player, he may only can do 1 rep of each. That not what the combines use to test the strenght of a player, they do check for max strenght in those drills. But real strenght shows up when you reach alot of reps in each catagory. A while back Kenyatta said they were more interested, how many time he can bench 225 and I think he did 37 times. Some of the strongest player can't do that more than 15-20 times. Now I just used Kenyatta as an example, he was very strong and could have done those drills.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

smazza,

How do you know that our guys can't do this?

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

scbulls - our bulls are clearly a weak team. we don't dominate the line of scrimage.

the teams that do are loaded with 3-4-5 guys.

usfmikeb- the crowd i was are some of the best in their field.

i don't have to see us in the weight room. i see what we can't do on the field.

you always have to make it personal

usf has a few problems and it appears they need to get stronger

being 300 lbs alone will not get it done