• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22
  • Days Won:  0

Ok,

I recently joined Beta Alpha Psi @ USF and I had to answer a ton of questions.  

There was a section that had 20 questions to it with instructions that read the following:

"Pick the first one that comes to your head and if you have no preference just mark the question with a 49/51."

One of the questions was the following:

FSU or UF?  

WELLLL, my first thought was

"WHAT IN THE HE .. double hockey sticks... is this????"

So I answered:  NEITHER I AM A USF STUDENT

I then asked one of the current members why this was a question of a USF student and they had no response.

My husband, an alumni of USF, is a bit peeved and of course we both understand why this is a problem.  Even after a week I am still annoyed with the question.

YOUR THOUGHTS????

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Fact of Life. More kis on campus care about those two schools and grew up rooting for them than USF. Give the Bulls another few years to let the students cycle through.

This is why I feel marketing to the students should be number 1. They are the future life support of this program.

First, USF did not have a football team when I was born.  So while I understand your "Fact of Life" thought and can appreciate it, I also know that it should not just be accepted.  If groups (that include USF Professors) continue to harbor the "Fact of Life" thought then these "kids" will never see the need to give up the team they rooted for growing up.  Ok, maybe someone in the MAcc program got their undergrad some where else but that is only a small percent.  Also, I know I rooted for the Gators but when USF got a team I changed my views despite my "growing up habits" and now that I am a student.. FORGET FSU or UF!

Secondly... if the avg student is 18-24 -- that means during about half of their lives USF has had a football team.  We are not talking about 60 yr old students.

Yes, USF is a young school in comparison to FSU and UF... but allowing such questions as "FSU or UF" only stops the thought process that FSU or UF should not be a choice on a USF campus.

IF USF wants these kids to donate money when they grow up and become professionals catering to their FSU or UF needs is not going to help the situation.

Why not have the question USF Football or USF Basketball?

I will say that there are some professors that actually give "extra credit" for wearing USF gear on test days and make it a point to tell the students to be proud of their school.  At least some are headed in the right direction.

UF and FSU are media darlings so that's who everyone gets shoved down their throats. Notice Miami won 5 national titles, played in 3 or 4 others, won 58 straight home games, 34 straight games overall, had a 6 game winning streak over FSU,  holds a 6 game win streak over UF currently, and is still largely ignored in the state's media. If the Canes couldnt break into it, good luck to the Bulls.

I am not talking about changing the media... I am talking about the USF campus and current students.  

Are you guys for USF or someone else?  I am totally shocked that you are able to just "accept" this behavior of an organization located on the campus.

Ok, maybe I am wrong... maybe this is not a huge deal and I should accept the facts... and next time just pick a school that is listed.  After the article in the Tampa paper today.. maybe I should not be worried.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

What's an email address for the Beta Alpha Psi president? Let's send him some emails and express our displeasure with such an assinine question!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

What were some of the other questions in that 20? Maybe it was a joke .........

I did ask that question:  "If it was a joke"... they did not find my question funny.

Other questions:

Coke or Pepsi?

MP3 or IPod?

Morning or Late Night?

Guys or Girls?  (which I had to get clarified)

Stuff of that nature...

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Please get me the President's name... it is time to hit them with an email bomb!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,574
  • Days Won:  423

I did ask that question:  "If it was a joke"... they did not find my question funny.

You really SURE you want to join??     ;)