• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

no im not saying it's acceptable...im saying UF and FSU are a lot more visible so that's why they attract a lot more fans,thus the question on your survey. i agree, it's lame to have to pick between them when youre a student at USF.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22
  • Days Won:  0

Yes, I asked myself the same question -- "Do I really want to join" but since I am starting a new career later in life there is a lot of networking with Partners of Acctg firms which would be helpful in the future.  I dont want to punish the group for a bad decision of a few but I do wish the question would be removed.

Although... they might ask me to not join because I have caused a up roar! HAAAHAAA!!!

http://www.coba.usf.edu/student/BAPsi/newwebsite/home.htm

If you look... it appears the President and Advisor (Dr. Stephens) are former FSU graduates.  That could be the problem but be nice to Dr. Stephens... he is really nice.. and they are going to know it was me that said something... remember I wrote "Neither, I am a USF student" but I still think the issue should be addressed.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'm not saying its justifed, BUT USF has been a major college football team for 4 seasons now. The school is constantly catering to the Tampa market and not to the students as a way of winning over fans.

NEWS FLASH: Most the students could give 2 SKITS about the football team. In fact most can't name more than one or two players on the team. There were a core of 3,000 of us that went to the games as USF fans, other than that it was a social hour for others.

I pin this on the school, NOT the students, they just don't feel any spirit or link to USF football.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  192

This is a USF thing correct.  Tell them stick the question up their ass. Doc Stephens has been at USF for how long ?  That is where he has earned his living.  Tell him to go teach in Tally.  That is Bull Spit............    

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

I pin this on the school, NOT the students, they just don't feel any spirit or link to USF football.

That's crap ........ The ones that don't feel any spirit don't because they don't WANT to.

we got a lot of commuter students and a number of different campuses...might be tough for student body to feel connected to "Bull spirit"

i gotta echoe a smazzism here, though: "Worry about beating UCONN"....in other words, winning will solve a lot of these problems. everyone loves a winner.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

I have a degree in accounting from USF and have had a great career with out joining BAP. I can say also that USF's school of Accounting opens more doors with employers than FSU's school.  When I was in school mid 90's USF was in the top 5 nfirst time pass on the CPA exam much better than Fischer at UF and the Prof's I had at St Pete campus actually worked in the profession which helped me in my career.

Students should support their school regardlees of athletics, the better known the school the easier it is to get a good job when you graduate and that is the goal of most people.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22

I do not think I have had a single professor who has not worked in the field at some point which is very helpful.   I have thought about not joining because it is not designed for the "non-traditional" student but I do think USF still holds the best records in Acctg over all the Florida schools.  As a matter of fact, scores have dropped nationally on the CPA exam but USF scores are continuing to rise!  

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

That is something to be proud of, I love USF athletics but, my USF degree puts the food on my table. That is why I was a supporter of the U before football.