• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

what do you expect when the president went to UF for undergrad, the vp is going there to get her masters, and your faculty advisor went to FSU?  leave the group, you don't need them

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

joe is right-I pin this on the school, NOT the students, they just don't feel any spirit or link to USF football.

the school needs better leadership from AD and leavitt in connecting with community

1.all games should be on TV

2.open all practices

3.take the mystery away from leavitt's kingdom

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,592
  • Days Won:  29

What's an email address for the Beta Alpha Psi president? Let's send him some emails and express our displeasure with such an assinine question!

I'm with you !

This is pitiful !!!  >:(

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

I have not had him, Dr. Stephens, for a class... I just know him through Dr. Kahle which is much different than a classroom setting.  I will ask this... if anyone has any clue how to get past a class with Jozi... PLEASE let me know!  USF does have the hardest and strongest School of Acctg and no one can knock it.  Honestly, there are students I have met who have traveled from other countries and states JUST FOR THE SCHOOL OF ACCTG .. so that is nothing to sneeze at!

My belief is that I always support my home team.... I always cheered the Bucs, even in the creamiscle orange... and now that I have a local college team which happens to butter of my current education... USF is my team:)

Avoid Jozi, drive to St Pete well worth the trip

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  22

Oh man, I heard Jozi was "fast" but that is not the probem... it is unorganized that gets me!  I am stuck at this point because all the classes are closed and I can't attend classes at night even if the one class in St. Pete was open on Tuesday nights.  I guess I am up a creek at this point!  Shoot!  I swear I am gonna fail this class!

nuke, im talking about bolstering support for the school.

So am I, I think the school has done a lot to bolster support since I was there, new housing, greek village, etc... support does not only have to come thru athletics. Miami is a small expensive private University with a large percentage of foreign students. You can not compare it to the public schools in state. What I would like to see is an effort to make USF hip, that is up to alumni. Where are our famous Alumni? why is Lauren Hutton not on sideline at games or where is Gallagher or Tony Larrusa? I try to do my part in the bussiness world, I am always asked where did you go to school? UF or FSU? I say the Harvard of the south USF. As the alumni base continues to grow the media wll have to report on the school because its readers will demand it.

Oh man, I heard Jozi was "fast" but that is not the probem... it is unorganized that gets me!  I am stuck at this point because all the classes are closed and I can't attend classes at night even if the one class in St. Pete was open on Tuesday nights.  I guess I am up a creek at this point!  Shoot!  I swear I am gonna fail this class!

I joined the student accounting org instead of BAP and they "helped get thru this class, find people who have made it thru.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Media support is about demand, a school like Miami has less appeal to people than Florida/FSU and any news outlet is in the business to get as many readers/viewers/listeners as they can. FSU and UF are the teams they want to hear about. If it were othewise there would be 70,000 at every Miami game as compared to FSU and UF who I believe have bothe sold out every game since the late 70s.

USF can get there they just need to market the product to the students. They don't see the football team on the same level as a FSU or UF, they think its great that USF has a team, and they will cheer for them.

In reality they are a fan of another school (mainly one of the Big 3) and can probably name more players on those teams than on our own. You must also remember (although people hate to hear this) we are still largely a commutter school. I lived in the dorms for my last semester here because it was easier than signing a 6 month apartment agreement. On the weekends I'd say about 70% of the students in it went home or out of town to Sarasota/St. Pete/Orlando/etc. Some would go up to Tallahassee and Gainesville to "party."

Bottom line: Most the students in this school do not see a connection between them and the school and therefore have no pride.

Students are not what drives media demand, alumni are. But student attendance makes the game a lot better.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

nuke I'm not even talking about student attendance. I think it's pretty clear that most students there had no clue what was happening on teh field besides the UCF and UL games.

I'm talking LONG TERM, everyone seems to forget that these are the 1st group of kids that are alumni for our D-IA football program at the BCS level. Its great that we've come this far without a lot of the big boosters, but eventually the pot is gonna run dry and the school is going to need the outside funding. Everyone on here is so NOW, when in reality we need to be looking ahead 20 years to the boosters that will ultimately provide the most support to the program TODAYS STUDENTS.

Any alumni that hasn't jumped on board yet, is probably not going to jump on board and remain.