• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hey Cee!  Marcus Vick arrested on gun charges

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Should we give him a sixth chance?   ::)

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285819

Marcus Vick arrested after saying he'll go pro

RICHMOND, Va. -- Former Virginia Tech quarterback Marcus Vick, booted from the team last week for his behavior on and off the field, was charged Monday with pulling a gun on three teenagers during an altercation in a restaurant parking lot.

Vick surrendered at the Suffolk magistrate's office after three warrants were issued for his arrest Sunday, Magistrate Lisa Noel said.

The 21-year-old Vick was charged with three misdemeanor counts of brandishing a firearm, and was released on $10,000 bond.

Police said the parents of a 17-year-old boy reported that Vick pointed a weapon at their son and two others during an altercation at a McDonald's in Suffolk, a southeastern Virginia city where Vick's mother lives, Sunday night.

If convicted of all three counts, Vick could be sentenced to up to three years in jail and a $7,500 fine, police spokeswoman Lt. Debbie George said in a statement.

On Friday, Virginia Tech kicked Vick off the team, citing the cumulative effects of numerous legal problems and his unsportsmanlike conduct in the Gator Bowl, where he was caught on tape stomping on the left calf of Louisville All-American Elvis Dumervil.

He also received a speeding ticket and a ticket for driving on a suspended license in Hampton on Dec. 17 while under a "zero tolerance" policy from Virginia Tech.

The policy was implemented when Vick was suspended in 2004 because of several legal problems. He later came under further scrutiny because of replays of his actions against Dumervil.

Vick claimed it was accidental, but hurt his cause by claiming to have apologized to Dumervil, the NCAA sacks leader. Dumervil said he received no such apology.

Saturday, Vick announced he had decided to turn pro.

A Virginia Tech spokesman said university officials would have no comment on Vick's arrest.

"At this point, I think the actions speak for themselves," the spokesman, Larry Hincker, said.

Vick is the younger brother of Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick. He was the runner-up to Wake Forest's Chris Barclay, by one vote, as the Atlantic Coast Conference's offensive player of the year, and was the league's first-team quarterback.

In 24 career games, the 6-foot, 212-pound Vick threw for 2,868 yards, 19 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He also ran 184 times for 492 yards and six TDs.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

You'd think this kid would get a clue after losing his college career just a week ago... ::)

Guest BullsFans

I hope they give him the maximum...I hear Virginia Correctional Institute is in need of a quarterback....No that's wrong they have a quarterback named Bubba...so Vick will be switched to either tight end or wide receiver:o

Those  gun charges should be a felonies not misdomeanors.

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  1,290
  • Days Won:  0

Vick and Young won't be successful in the NFL.  They would end up in Europe.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235

I guess he could run the shotgun pretty well with his "experience".

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

kids will be kids..it is our job to be the bigger men and learn how to forgive and forget.  if CJL has any ounce of forgiveness, he will give marcus a second chance at life.  we all know he has the physical capabilities of engineering a high-octane offense and we all know there is a void at quarterback..  i dont think marcus has officially declared, despite him saying he'll just "take it to the next level," therefore, i think leavitt still has a chance at resurrecting the program that is 10-13 in the past 2 years.

leavitt, be the bigger man and learn how to forgive-- bring us a vick

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407

Cee you have a sick sense of humor!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

it proves that Cee just posts on here to try and stir up as much as he can.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Vick and Young won't be successful in the NFL.  They would end up in Europe.

Ignorance.  Marcus Vick is nowhere near ready for the NFL, true.

But comparing him to Vince Young?  THAT is ignorance.  Young was one of the country's tops in passing efficiency.  He had over 2500 yards passing, and lots of tds to ints.

I would say based on his college play he has at least as much potential at this venture as MICHAEL Vick had when he came out...if not MORE because he throws better as a college player.  That is, in fact, why texas won and va tech didnt win years back (that and both had good supporting casts to even get there/put the qb in a position to win it).

Young makes good reads and can do so quickly.  On top of that, he isn't a plague in the locker room.  He has many many times the NFL upside of Marcus, and if playing for the right team can be a playoff caliber QB.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562

it proves that Cee just posts on here to try and stir up as much as he can.

i think out of the box, unlike you "traditional" thinkers that love the direction of 4-7 when in cusa and 6-6 when in the big east.

funny story-- someone told me in the early1990's that my ideas of USF getting a football team were simply just to "stir things up" amongst college football fans.. in retrospect, my "wild" ideas werent that far-fetched after all