• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cursing at Football Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433
  • Days Won:  0

The f bomb is dropped so frequently by so many low class people that it has lost all meaning.  My kids (now 18 and 16) have never heard me throw out any profanity with the exception of one time when I had to use one of the less flagrant words to get my son's attention.  He was shocked and realized that there was severity in the issue at hand...so it worked.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I understand the occassional F-Bomb at the game and my 12 yr old and 8 yr old also understand that they may hear things that are not approriate at situations I cannot control...  If F-Bomb dropping continues I will request that the person needs control themselves at that there are young kids around...  I have never had a problem at RJS, maybe 1 or two Fbombs but the people usually realize their bad...  As far as away games I would suggest you join a group like the BULLBACKERS and sit with us, we are all pretty passionate but do realize a good vicabulary usually doesn't start with the F-Bomb!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,777
  • Days Won:  3

Thang is...there's always someone who is dead set on showing their ass at the game.  I find it very easy to scream at the top of my lungs - and not use profanity. Others, however, seem to think profanity underscores their passion. Trust me...it does not...and that's regardless of whether you're around chu'ren or not. Letting fly stream after stream of profanity doesn't impress me.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I enjoyed the bowl game.  Majority no profanity where I sat, although there was some profanity, which was stopped when I pointed out the kid.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

1.  I know the BeefStuds are very careful to watch out for that.  and there are not usually kids in the student section....

2. At the bowl game when they were in the endzone..they could hear the people around us...and everything we yelled.  I am not gonna say it was all clean either! lol  They told me they could hear us...

3. The same goes for the basketball team.  They hear everything...

Keep it clean...only use those words when it is necessary and be respectful and aware of those around you.

P.S.- Don't ever, and I do mean EVER come into my student section and bad mouth my bulls.  Save it for the boards or for after the game....but nothing makes me angrier.  Next time you go to a b-ball game, watch for a fight in the stands...  I know our team may not be Final Four material, but I am still a Bull and I still support them...  It's getting old...   Don't like our team? Don't come to the games...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Not very classy, and its not like cursing will win the game.  I don't think fans should be thrown out for it, but i dont like them doing it, either.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

I should clarify the above statement.....

We were sitting at the end of the USF section...our fans were not yelling at the USF players...the NC Staters were yelling things that were not all clean...

I meant that the players heard it all...

WE were mainly trying to encourage Andre Hall with our chants...ie: the sign I had, and other things...

well, ok, that and totally mess with the Carolina Panthers players all standing there...GO BUCS!  :)

^agreed..i do not think it is necessary, but sometimes...you get so into the game, it just slips...we have all done it before.  which is why I said before, be aware of who is around you, so you don't screw up if you do slip like that!

...and as always...GO BULLS!!  :)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

don't ever go to a raiders game

i am against cursing but a inadvertant fbomb is bound to come out now and than

i imagine alot of bull fans screamed WTF on that  fourth down play in uconn

loud obnoxious drunks bother me more than the slip of the tongue curse

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

i try to pay attention to the children and elderly....but if i'm in the student section, those people shouldnt be there anyway.

i dont like it when my friends say f*ck every other word....but sometimes, in the heat of the moment, things happen.

just dont be blatant is what i'm tryin to say, i guess...