• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Cursing at Football Games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  77
  • Days Won:  0

the bull$hit chat is an USF classic We use to do it during high school basketball game boy did it piss off the refs and you know that the refs on the field hear it too

For some reason this chant gets to me. I have no problem when its used and there is a bad call by the official. However, it seems any time a yellow flag is thrown and it goes against usf, regardless of whether or not is was a good, obvious call, the student section starts chanting bull$hit. It sucks when there's penalties against your team but that doesn't always mean the the call is a bull$hit one. Its a good thing when the officials make the right call and its not their fault when a penalty is committed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I sit near the Jr. Bulls Club and have for about four years.  About two years ago, we had one guy who just cursed up a blue storm with an F-bomb every other word... this was the game we lost to TCU.  Now, I'm no angel, but when you're around kids, you should try and curb that... and at a football game, that's most of the time.

Finally, I stood up and turned around and told the guy to watch his mouth around the kids.  Seriously, he was the worst I'd ever heard... and with the crowd being quiet as we were losing, he was even louder.  For the rest of the game he said stuff like "Gosh Darnit!" and "What the Flip!" trying to mock me for telling him to watch his mouth around the kids, but I didn't care... point was he settled down.

Now I sit in the row in front of Twillybull, and although we do let a bomb slip from time to time, we're pretty good about watching it around the kids.  Bottom line is, if there's a kid within earshot of you, it's really not acceptable.  You should be able to find a different way to express your anger.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

For some reason this chant gets to me. I have no problem when its used and there is a bad call by the official. However, it seems any time a yellow flag is thrown and it goes against usf, regardless of whether or not is was a good, obvious call, the student section starts chanting bull$hit. It sucks when there's penalties against your team but that doesn't always mean the the call is a bull$hit one. Its a good thing when the officials make the right call and its not their fault when a penalty is committed.

its call a home field advantage. What do you want the students to start chating "GOOD CALL, GOOD CALL" I love to see the students get on the refs and the other team it is all part of playing at home. Views like the one you have is the reason why people call tampa "Goober Ville" next thing you will say that we should not stand up during the game

Guest rueben_horowitz

Hard one.

I can't control my mouth very well (I'm sure some of you are shocked), so it'd be hypocritical for me to condemn it. That being said, last Bucs game I was at (vs. Panthers), I was surrounded by foul mouthed dads dropping F bombs the whole game in front of their little ones. Kind of disturbing, but reminded me of my father.

Overall, I don't think it matters that much, kids here it all the time anyway.

Hard one.

I can't control my mouth very well (I'm sure some of you are shocked), so it'd be hypocritical for me to condemn it. That being said, last Bucs game I was at (vs. Panthers), I was surrounded by foul mouthed dads dropping F bombs the whole game in front of their little ones. Kind of disturbing, but reminded me of my father.

I agree dont use the F bombs around kids

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,271
  • Days Won:  255

If it is an obvious call how about saying nothing? There is no advantage to making yourself, our fans and our university appear to be ignorant.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,522
  • Days Won:  10

Hard one.

Unfortunately, this is why I would never take a kid to a Bucs game.  The lack of that sort of fan should be a marketing point to families wanting to enjoy a USF game.

there is cursing and then there is over board cursing **** is cursing the F Bomb is over board cursing

Guest rueben_horowitz
there is cursing and then there is over board cursing **** is cursing the F Bomb is over board cursing

Agreed. Huge difference b/t the two when in front of children.