• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, 00Bull said:

Consolidation is end game capitalism stuff and it’s happening nearly everywhere. George Carlin cover this pretty well, “illusion of choice” I believe he called it.

Exactly. It's definitely end-stage capitalism behavior and @Bull94 is willing to burn the entire system to the ground for the consolidation of power into the hands of the select few in the name of "capitalism". This isn't capitalism, it's more like using quasi-capitalistic ideas during a period of time when capitalism in its healthiest form can't thrive. It doesn't lead to the outcomes of healthy capitalism, it leads to looting of the coffers by the ultra powerful before the entire system collapses and leads to something else, such as feudalism. You can be pro-capitalism but also realize this isn't right for the system that was based on the exchange of a free college education, amateur status and everything else included for a college athlete, as well as the ability to continue playing your sport against better competition while working to possibly become a professional in your sport.

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

just because the powers that be have been able to control the labor market in college athletics for so long doesn't mean it's right.

This actually sounds like you're the marxist here with your pro-worker viewpoint. You seem to be in favor of profit sharing amongst the workers like a communist ideal rather than in capitalism where the stakeholder reaps the benefits of company they've made. The argument of paying the athletes because the universities make money from their "workers/ athletes" is no different in demanding that Fortune 500 companies pay their workers a % of the revenue. That's not capitalism, that's marxism. You're the marxist and don't even know it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

4 hours ago, Triple B said:

We just lost roughly 76 minutes of guard play per game. JR averaged 23 min/gm. He’ll be at 30+ unless CAAR brings in a couple of super studs at that position. 

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Like I said, Jennings is a stud, and so is CJ Brown. CAAR also said Jennings is a stud. I think that we are set with the current guard group; any additional help would be icing on the cake. As for Reid getting 30+ minutes per game, I would not count on it, merely for the fact that, if you look at CAARs recent seasons, his players get at the most 20+ minutes. CY topped our team with 30, as he did the last 2 seasons at KSU, with 31 per each season. 

Yeah, not sure where I got 30+ from but he should be in the upper 20's based on the returners, at least at this point in time, and will depend on who CAAR pulls in from the portal ....

And for the record, the back and forth I'm interrupting reminds me a bit of this:

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Is CY "gone" or can he look around and then come back?

Just now, TyBull said:

He can come back as far as I'm aware. I don't see why he would though because he had a great season and will get offered more money someplace besides USF. If, for some reason, he wants to turn down the offers, I believe he's eligible to come back if CAAR and the team want him. I've seen it happen in football, never really noticed it in basketball.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

2 minutes ago, TyBull said:

He gone. We broke.

7 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

He can come back as far as I'm aware. I don't see why he would though because he had a great season and will get offered more money someplace besides USF. If, for some reason, he wants to turn down the offers, I believe he's eligible to come back if CAAR and the team want him. I've seen it happen in football, never really noticed it in basketball.

I'm guessing he was already offered more before he entered the portal, which entered into his decision ....

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

I'm guessing he was already offered more before he entered the portal, which entered into his decision ....

Do you know if they are permitted to be offered an NIL amount "officially" without entering the portal first? I don't know the answer, that's why I'm asking.

2 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Do you know if they are permitted to be offered an NIL amount "officially" without entering the portal first? I don't know the answer, that's why I'm asking.

I don't think they are, "officially" ....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

46 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

It's like the old Outback - No rules, Just right....

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

1 hour ago, TyBull said:

He is saying C Ya! 

• Me no likey 1