• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SG has NOT stepped up!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

I would like to take the opportunity to point out that the above poster is not the "WoolyBully".

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

holy ****, maybe i'm getting old, but has the term "road trip" died somewhere? if so, let me dust off and update the formula:

1. a nerdy but sports minded friend to drive, preferably one with a credit card

2. not so nerdy but enthusiastic pals to fill the "limo"

3. grain alcohol, or other dilutable substitute

4. lots of creativity and a small amount of money ...or...

5. little creativity and more money.

For all of us who attended USF without a football program, and only had Charlie Bradley to cheer for, COME ON!! NUT IT UP AND GET IN THE CAR AND DRIVE!!!

happy new year's to all..............

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Never did I say that finals week was the week of the 3rd.  I said it was near it.

Second, had we beaten UCONN and been eligible then I'm sure alot more people would have gone since they didn't have to plan things at the last minute.

I'm not making excuses for anything.  I'm just saying that I think SG did try to get students to go.  Now had SG not done anything then I'd be ********, they at least offered packages.  It's not their fault if a student decides not to sign up.

BUT-- I'm SOOO excited for NC!  We're leaving at 12AM on the 30th to make it in time for all the festivities.  It'll be one hell of a trip, but I'm ready!  ;D

Oh and WoolyBull, thanks for clarrifying that.  I thought that was you as a guest poster.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Mags, I guess it's just the apathy of the SG that trickles down to the stu's. I'll bet you $100 that if we take a poll of USF students on campus right now, or during the sememster, over 75-80% of them can not tell you who the SG president or VP is. That is a travesty. The other travesty is that only a handfull of stu's are in SBC. I mean, what a deal. I enjoyed my time in SBC .

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

did SG get that 130 price tag that low by arranging a deal with a travel agent?  or by subsidizing some of the cost?

I remember a few years back that SG earmarked some of its extra money (approx $50k) for helping get students to our first bowl ever.  That bowl bid never came and of course budgets not used go back into the pot to be disbursed again.  Was there some amount of money used by SG this year for subsidizing some of the cost?

we allocated 10K for the Bowl game

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

What do you mean by that... ?   allocated tickets?  did SG buy 10000 tickets?  that doesn't seem to be the case.  Was it more a "We'll provide the $130 deal to the first 10000 students that are willing to pay for it"  and how much did this allocating actually cost student govt?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

And Remember Velcro, the $130 did NOT cover the tix cost!!!  

I NEVER SAID WE HAVE MORE IMPORTANT THINGS. I am one of the people in SG that feel that we need to get more involved in Athletics. I think that both the SBC and SG offered a great package to students. Many students already had plans, blah blah blah..... I mean I droped my plans to go as did many members of SG. They are many SG members going to that game. We have done what we can. We cant force students to go to the game. This year SG sponcered a trip to Miami for the Canes game. You know what the total cost was for a USF student? $60. The game ticket was $45. We have alot more we can do as an SG. But I dont feel we have droped the ball here.

Look at the Rutgers game now in progress. There are more students at this game which is in Arizona, and they came all the way from New Jersey!!!. I mean, what the F. SG should have bought up the tix and gave them to the students. I did not see one advertisement, one SG member, any announcement or anything on campus promoting this game since we got the bid! You sat on your hands, did not promote, and make it reasonable to get the stu's to the game. If you told the stu's that it will cost you $60.00 to go, with SG funding the rest, you would have at least 1to 2k more students going. Hell, their parents would tell them to go for that price. As far as the crack about SG having more important things to do, yeah right! That's the attitude! Well. listen pup, you are talking to future donors to our fine University. Ones who will eventually be donors of medicine, arts, and humanities. If that isn't important in your book, you should not be in office. When you sign on to SG, you are the voice and the leaders of the students. THAT'S why there is so much apathy on this campus. You so called leaders are lazy and don't get the stu's involved, as past regimes had done. Whatever was started, you all have killed. Look at other schools this bowl season. Look at how much their students support their schools. Learn from this, hang your heads now, because this kind of actions will not be the norm at My alma matter!

What do you mean by that... ?   allocated tickets?  did SG buy 10000 tickets?  that doesn't seem to be the case.  Was it more a "We'll provide the $130 deal to the first 10000 students that are willing to pay for it"  and how much did this allocating actually cost student govt?

we spent 10K on the bowl game.

Mags, I guess it's just the apathy of the SG that trickles down to the stu's. I'll bet you $100 that if we take a poll of USF students on campus right now, or during the sememster, over 75-80% of them can not tell you who the SG president or VP is. That is a travesty. The other travesty is that only a handfull of stu's are in SBC. I mean, what a deal. I enjoyed my time in SBC .

I agree with you. That is true, however this is the case in most SG's. BTW USF SG is ranked #2 in the state behing UCF. We have a good SG.