• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SG has NOT stepped up!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

Where has SG been? I have seen nor heard of SG grabbing the remainder of the tix we were allotted and GIVING them to students. Instead, they let our opponent grab all they can with our leftovers, causing NC State to bleed the stadium red! What about busses to transport these kids? What about scholarships to those who can't afford to go? You have the $$$ in the till. What are you gonna do? Use it to buy another statue for campus? You have done a disservice to the students here at USF, and should be ashamed! This is history in the making, and it is a clear example of not caring for the team, the school, or it's students. Past SG regimes cared about the students, and had plans in place to go to a bowl. Instead, you sat on your hands and turned the other way. Those tix were OURS. You all blew it big time. Shame on you!       The Reaper

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

we had a great offer with the trip for students at a price of $130 what else do you want us to do?

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I cannot comment as I'm not there now. But it would be ashamed to see the work of previous students Minceberg, Griffin, Berman, and their fellow constituenticy wasted if SG missed the boat. Reaper... SG is normally on the ball with these things... what makes you think they missed the boat this time?

Do we have any SG people on here now that can comment either way?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I am with SG

I think SG had a pretty good deal for students.  $130 for trip there and hotel, however it didn't include ticket.  Either way, it's a very good deal.  Most people and spending MUCH more than this.

Thing is most students are not even here for the holidays.  I doubt many student will want to come back to Tampa early and then go back home again after the bowl game.  Besides, most Floridians don't like the cold, that could have affected student turnout.

I think SG and SBC tried to get students to go.  The interest just wasn't there.  I spoke to a friend and he said he didn't care since it wasn't a BCS bowl...  Hopefully over the years this can improve.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188

The students should join the student Bulls Club.  It is my understanding that there is a $25 annual due, and I think you get a free shirt or two.  My son is going on this trip and it is $105 for the bus trip, 2 nights hotel and game ticket.  I have heard that they might also include the tailgate party.  Good deal and a good organization.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7

Where has SG been? I have seen nor heard of SG grabbing the remainder of the tix we were allotted and GIVING them to students. Instead, they let our opponent grab all they can with our leftovers, causing NC State to bleed the stadium red! What about busses to transport these kids? What about scholarships to those who can't afford to go? You have the $$$ in the till. What are you gonna do? Use it to buy another statue for campus? You have done a disservice to the students here at USF, and should be ashamed! This is history in the making, and it is a clear example of not caring for the team, the school, or it's students. Past SG regimes cared about the students, and had plans in place to go to a bowl. Instead, you sat on your hands and turned the other way. Those tix were OURS. You all blew it big time. Shame on you!

The Reaper

Without going into detail (this is an atheltics board...), I think SG has done a good enough job promoting this game and trying to arrouse student support. There are certainly more important things for Student Government to worry about on the campus than a football game in North Carolina.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I think SG had a pretty good deal for students.  $130 for trip there and hotel, however it didn't include ticket.  Either way, it's a very good deal.  Most people and spending MUCH more than this.

Thing is most students are not even here for the holidays.  I doubt many student will want to come back to Tampa early and then go back home again after the bowl game.  Besides, most Floridians don't like the cold, that could have affected student turnout.

I think SG and SBC tried to get students to go.  The interest just wasn't there.  I spoke to a friend and he said he didn't care since it wasn't a BCS bowl...  Hopefully over the years this can improve.

did SG get that 130 price tag that low by arranging a deal with a travel agent?  or by subsidizing some of the cost?

I remember a few years back that SG earmarked some of its extra money (approx $50k) for helping get students to our first bowl ever.  That bowl bid never came and of course budgets not used go back into the pot to be disbursed again.  Was there some amount of money used by SG this year for subsidizing some of the cost?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7

Like what? An expensive end of the year party on a yacht?? NICE!

You're absolutely right that SG wastes a ton of money on themselves. That's what I was alluding to... You should see the tab they owe to a certain pizza place in Tampa.