• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  763
  • Days Won:  2

Of the nine players that we know we currently have next year, Mputu is the only big. I am guessing we will add others in the next couple months. If she is the starting big, it would be an upgrade at this position. Mputu had a 57% FG%. That is 12 % points higher than Evelien's, who missed a lot of easy shots around the basket.

If she had finished with enough attempts, she would have finished second in the conference in FG%. Last year, Dulcy led the conference at 58.6%. Think about that. If M'putu had the minutes that Evelien had, a lot of the close losses we had this year might have been wins.

She also shot 77% from the FT line, albeit on 13 attempts.

So, Bulls fans should feel comfortable to know that we should be better at the position next year. Add this to Sammie's return, an improved Levy and Blasigh, and a massive upgrade at point guard in Dembele and Thompson, perhaps the best two at the position ever at USF, and you have a team that will be tough to beat. Any other good players we pick up will just add depth to a very talented roster.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

Come on, man. You gotta be more descriptive in your title in these days of the portal. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  359
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Of the nine players that we know we currently have next year, Mputu is the only big. I am guessing we will add others in the next couple months. If she is the starting big, it would be an upgrade at this position. Mputu had a 57% FG%. That is 12 % points higher than Evelien's, who missed a lot of easy shots around the basket.

If she had finished with enough attempts, she would have finished second in the conference in FG%. Last year, Dulcy led the conference at 58.6%. Think about that. If M'putu had the minutes that Evelien had, a lot of the close losses we had this year might have been wins.

She also shot 77% from the FT line, albeit on 13 attempts.

So, Bulls fans should feel comfortable to know that we should be better at the position next year. Add this to Sammie's return, an improved Levy and Blasigh, and a massive upgrade at point guard in Dembele and Thompson, perhaps the best two at the position ever at USF, and you have a team that will be tough to beat. Any other good players we pick up will just add depth to a very talented roster.

She’s good for her size, but this season the teams we played that had a 6’4, 6’5 big with good weight to them we got bullied inside.Even in the American no matter who was in there.She needs to add some weight/muscle, other wise we need a bigger center. The power 5 teams we play have 6’5 centers and up.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Dulcy got a lot stronger going into her last season. Hopefully M can do the same and be more dominant on the boards. Starting and playing 30 minutes (and more against starters from the other team) is a bit different than coming off the bench in short spurts. We'll definitely need some bigs. Isn't there a big coming in from Bulgaria? Or is that the following year?

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  763

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Dulcy got a lot stronger going into her last season. Hopefully M can do the same and be more dominant on the boards. Starting and playing 30 minutes (and more against starters from the other team) is a bit different than coming off the bench in short spurts. We'll definitely need some bigs. Isn't there a big coming in from Bulgaria? Or is that the following year?

I think you said it in a previous thread that she will probably not be a "big." She looks more like a wing.

3 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I think you said it in a previous thread that she will probably not be a "big." She looks more like a wing.

I can't remember one day to the next. Getting old is no fun. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  613

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Tell it like it is CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,331
  • Days Won:  10

13 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

And that right there opens up a whole new activity - rewatching old football games because I've long ago forgotten if we win, highlights, and basically everything else about the game.  Just watched some USF vs UCONN last night.

I just wouldn't wager on the results.  You'll go broke.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, Grateful Dad said:

And that right there opens up a whole new activity - rewatching old football games because I've long ago forgotten if we win, highlights, and basically everything else about the game.  Just watched some USF vs UCONN last night.

I just wouldn't wager on the results.  You'll go broke.

Holy Cow - we just beat #5 WVU and I think that we are going to be ranked in the top 10!!!!!

. . . oh, wait, I just realized that was a replay from 2007:facepalm:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bowman1 said:

Holy Cow - we just beat #5 WVU and I think that we are going to be ranked in the top 10!!!!!

. . . oh, wait, I just realized that was a replay from 2007:facepalm:

There are very few games in the past that I would remember the outcome outside of the big wins. If we played Temple on the road it would be a loss. If we played them here most likely a win. UConn?  Probably the same.  Run of the mill games don't stick in my memory (like most other things).