• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Baseball Discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,116
  • Days Won:  56

2 hours ago, SilverBull said:

I left my heart (almost literally) in Austin circa 2021.  Haven't been able to summon Bulls baseball enthusiasm since.

Understood. I was right there with you, my friend. There hasn’t been anything since to create any enthusiasm. We’re 65-82 (18-36 in league play) since beating South AL to win that Gainesville regional.

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,437
  • Days Won:  25

39 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Understood. I was right there with you, my friend. There hasn’t been anything since to create any enthusiasm. We’re 65-82 (18-36 in league play) since beating South AL to win that Gainesville regional.

Glad other people call a spade a spade. Losing a series to such a bad athletics program as Charlotte is inexcusable. Without mairst and bcu we aren't a 0.500 program. So coach has to learn how to motivate guys to win on the field and learn how to pitch better which is supposed to be his bread and butter. He has been here long enough that these are  his guys and falls directly on coach mohl they aren't performing or living up to winning is the standard in his program. We are in year 7 of coach Mohl and this team still is playing like we have an inexperienced coach. We should be dominating the weaker Aac not barely going 0.500 against Charlotte (3-3 aac) and Memphis (2-4 aac). We should be separating ourselves below average programs by year 7 of any coaches tenure  at usf.

Edited by Outlaw

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

4 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Glad other people call a spade a spade. Losing a series to such a bad athletics program as Charlotte is inexcusable. Without mairst and bcu we aren't a 0.500 program. So coach has to learn how to motivate guys to win on the field and learn how to pitch better which is supposed to be his bread and butter. He has been here long enough that these are  his guys and falls directly on coach mohl they aren't performing or living up to winning is the standard in his program. We are in year 7 of coach Mohl and this team still is playing like we have an inexperienced coach. We should be dominating the weaker Aac not barely going 0.500 against Charlotte (3-3 aac) and Memphis (2-4 aac). We should be separating ourselves below average programs by year 7 of any coaches tenure  at usf.

Clown Clowning Around GIF by Sarah Squirm

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

Not looking good for CBM. Dropping that last game the way we did is brutal. Should have had all that worked out in the non conference games. 

The optimist in me says it's early. The realist... well i would have left him in Charlotte. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,966
  • Days Won:  12

Having a winning ball club gives Bulls nation something to do from late March to May

Same w softball although they give me a little more hope

Sorry to say this season has been disappointing. We don't need to be perfect but we should not feel like beating Charlotte and Memphis is asking too much 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,116
  • Days Won:  56

Wichita is coming in this weekend with a 18-9, 5-1 record (although they have games today and Wednesday vs. Oklahoma and Kansas which might help us thin their pitching). If there was a weekend to show some life and get a spark, this is it.

And softball is the same Groundhog Day story. They have 24 wins, but just 4-8 in conference and haven’t won a weekend series yet - 0-4 (3 against the former C-USA newcomers). They rode Corrick for so long and don’t have an identity since.

Both of these programs have settled into mediocrity a bit and need a spark.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,594
  • Days Won:  424

15 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Losing a series to such a bad athletics program as Charlotte is inexcusable.

11 hours ago, hm101 said:

We don't need to be perfect but we should not feel like beating Charlotte and Memphis is asking too much 

We did beat Memphis and Charlotte was a NCAA tournament team last year. This may be CBM's last year but we could have gotten off to a worse start ...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,398
  • Days Won:  3

Stetson road game tonight. I'll tune in. 

• Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,966
  • Days Won:  12

Homer for the redshirt frosh to pad the lead

3 to 0 in the 2nd