• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Super happy for our Bulls

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We hadn't seen a moderately competent team in a while here. Got to side with Trip on this one.

Right but we’re talking about two different things. Before you knew anything about the team you might assume, like I did, that USF would be USF and we’d be lucky to win seven or eight.

In retrospect ( and looking at the schedule back then) you could say there are easily 20 wins there for a competent team. We proved ourselves to be competent and more. That’s the difference. it’s been discussed before just look at the nonconference games and for most teams that’s nine or 10 wins right there. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

25 minutes ago, Brad said:

Right but we’re talking about two different things. Before you knew anything about the team you might assume, like I did, that USF would be USF and we’d be lucky to win seven or eight.

In retrospect ( and looking at the schedule back then) you could say there are easily 20 wins there for a competent team. We proved ourselves to be competent and more. That’s the difference. it’s been discussed before just look at the nonconference games and for most teams that’s nine or 10 wins right there. 

Per Simon & Garfunkel

When I think back on all the crap I learned in high school
It's a wonder I can think at all

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

We hadn't seen a moderately competent team in a while here. Got to side with Trip on this one.

37 minutes ago, Brad said:

I do agree. We were looking at it vastly differently ..... I wasn't using hindsight when talking about games we were supposed to win.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

Games any competent team could win. Maybe it’s better to say “average to above average teams”.