• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: AACC Semifinals #1 Bulls vs #4 UAB Blazers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,471
  • Days Won:  0

This season, my wife and I coined the phrase "Placer was there". Because, well, he was there.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  268
  • Days Won:  1

image.thumb.png.f3a8d9f49966430770b01bc6b83fd72c.png

Temple run ends ----- UAB are chumpions

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  767
  • Days Won:  2

40 minutes ago, Cmr3 said:

Jose would eventually get taken out, like the Memphis game, charlotte game, SMU game, and lot of others.

He could have played a lot more if he would of produced more, he just didn’t. I watched every game. There was a couple games he caught fire but it might have been one or two.

Coach will not say this but the times he took him out were times that were very important in the game and he just wasn’t producing, so he put Reid in. 

I don’t have nothing against Jose he just didn’t produce the way I thought he would for one reason or another.

Obviously you ignored what I said and failed to realize that what I explained earlier about a specific rotation explains what you think you saw. Again, if you go back and watch the games, which I know you will not do, CAAR had a pattern. The starting PG played the first 5 minutes or so of the half and then played the last 7 or 8 of the half. When Jose returned from his injury, Reid continued starting the next 7 or so games, including the Memphis and Charlotte games. Since Reid started, Jose played the middle part of the half and Reid returned to finish the half. This is why you think Jose got taken out. He did not get taken out because he was playing poorly; he was taken out because CAAR followed the same routine he had doing all year. CAAR stuck to this rotation strictly. There were a few exceptions, like on Friday when both were in the game at the same time towards the end of the game, but this was the rotation he stuck to all year.

I know you may not have noticed what I just explained, but based on what you have said, I know you were not paying attention because you said Jose did not take 3s. I can't believe you said this because he was 3-8 this past weekend. If you were watching the games, how could you miss that he took 8 3s? As of today, he has an average of 38%, which is higher than his career average of 36% and the highest of any season in his career.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  268

image.thumb.png.d14223a1762fef141511f7ec189ce07a.png

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  360

22 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Obviously you ignored what I said and failed to realize that what I explained earlier about a specific rotation explains what you think you saw. Again, if you go back and watch the games, which I know you will not do, CAAR had a pattern. The starting PG played the first 5 minutes or so of the half and then played the last 7 or 8 of the half. When Jose returned from his injury, Reid continued starting the next 7 or so games, including the Memphis and Charlotte games. Since Reid started, Jose played the middle part of the half and Reid returned to finish the half. This is why you think Jose got taken out. He did not get taken out because he was playing poorly; he was taken out because CAAR followed the same routine he had doing all year. CAAR stuck to this rotation strictly. There were a few exceptions, like on Friday when both were in the game at the same time towards the end of the game, but this was the rotation he stuck to all year.

I know you may not have noticed what I just explained, but based on what you have said, I know you were not paying attention because you said Jose did not take 3s. I can't believe you said this because he was 3-8 this past weekend. If you were watching the games, how could you miss that he took 8 3s? As of today, he has an average of 38%, which is higher than his career average of 36% and the highest of any season in his career.

Well Reid out played him in every stat besides free throw percentage. Only reason Reid wasn’t in the game more is because he’s not 100% there yet but he did more then was expected of him this season as a freshman. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,024
  • Days Won:  10

3 minutes ago, USFDude said:

image.thumb.png.d14223a1762fef141511f7ec189ce07a.png

It pains me to not see USF on this board, but still cant believe my second school Stetson is on there.

I hope UAB and FAU do well so our conference gets more respect.

Next year will be our year.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

21 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

And when this type of offense is not hitting, it leaves you one-dimensional. This type of offense will not last forever; history keeps repeating and this offense will eventually go out of style because some coach will start playing big men in the post and teams will not have any answer and won't have anyone to defend it.

When the US decided to play NBA players in the olympics in 1988, other countries were saying that we would not be dominant because we did not know how to play defense. Back in the 80s, NBA scores were outrageous like now. Those comments offended US players, who upped their defensive pressure and shut down teams. This ushered in an era of better defense in the NBA. Things will change again at some point in the future.

it doesn't leave you one dimensional. Playing this way allows cuts to the basket, drives to the basket,etc. It creates space on the offensive end. 

Heck you can even post up  with a guy like Youngblood when he has an advantage.

Playing with a true big man that can only post up clogs the lane. it slows the ball down. there is a reason why the NBA didn't want Edey after his national player of the year last year. He is one dimensional.

Basketball has changed with the 3 point shot. Look at the stats. Teams shoot more and more of them since the advent of the shot. Attempts have steadily increased over time.

Analytics shows that it gives you a better chance to win. The NBA wants 3 and D guys. They want big men that can shoot the three. we will never go back to the 90's.

Reggie Miller led the league in made 3's with 1,500 of them during the 90's. That was 300 more than anyone else in the league.

Curry made 2,500 of them in the 2010's.

Glen Rice was #2 for made 3's in the 90's. He would rank #15 in the 2010's.

It's just like in baseball where everyone now understands that hitting home runs gives you the best chance for a win. even if you strike out more.  back in the 70's and 80's everyone was trying to hit for average.

Best 3 point shooters by decade in the nba

1980-1990 Dale Ellis 472 made

1990-2000 Reggie Miller 1,543 made

2000-2010 Ray Allen 1,974 made

2010-2020 Steph Curry 2,483 made

there is a clear trend since the advent of the 3 point shot. they will never go back to the bully ball of the 90's.

Edited by Bull94