• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The TBP Official In Game Thread: AACC Semifinals #1 Bulls vs #4 UAB Blazers

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  776
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

I think if CAAR places his cards right with the transfer portal and can some how pick up a nice true big man that’s proven we would be better next year.

We did great this year and were able to over come not having a true center.

He has 2 bigs that he is trying to develop, so we may not get any "true" centers. He believes in developing players to fit his system.

2 hours ago, Sk00b said:

And that's some wild stats there. Did not know this. I'd like to congratulate them but not tonight. 

They were one of the top teams in the Sun Belt Conference when we were a part of the conference. They were led by legendary coach, Gene Bartow, who took UCLA to the final four and then took UAB to 7 straight NCAA tournaments in the 80s.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  365
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

He showed enough. He was splitting time with Reid and was trying to play unselfish ball. In a post-game presser last week, CAAR stated that much. He said that Placer had the green light to shoot whenever he wanted at his previous school and made the sacrifice to be a part of what CAAR was doing. There were many occasions in many games throughout the year where he was open and passed the ball instead of taking the shot.

Didn’t show enough to me, there is a reason coach didn’t play him that much.Reid was usually in at the end of games for a reason. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

11 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

UABs defense was giving us fits and they dominated rebounds.  Not sure why we would just chuck the contested 3s.  

we shot 40% from 3 and scored 83 points. they had 7 more rebounds than us.

not having corey walker is what did us in.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

13 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

I think if CAAR places his cards right with the transfer portal and can some how pick up a nice true big man that’s proven we would be better next year.

We did great this year and were able to over come not having a true center.

our offense worked this year BECAUSE he didn't play a true big man.

That's what stretch 5's allow you to do. Stretch the defense. I guess you would take Pryor off the court for this true big man.

Keeps driving lanes wide open. keeps the ball moving on the perimeter.

some of you people need to get out of the 90's. modern day basketball is played without true big men.

it's all about shooting 3's and driving to the basket now.

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bull94 said:

our offense worked this year BECAUSE he didn't play a true big man.

That's what stretch 5's allow you to do. Stretch the defense. I guess you would take Pryor off the court for this true big man.

Keeps driving lanes wide open. keeps the ball moving on the perimeter.

some of you people need to get out of the 90's. modern day basketball is played without true big men.

it's all about shooting 3's and driving to the basket now.

And when this type of offense is not hitting, it leaves you one-dimensional. This type of offense will not last forever; history keeps repeating and this offense will eventually go out of style because some coach will start playing big men in the post and teams will not have any answer and won't have anyone to defend it.

When the US decided to play NBA players in the olympics in 1988, other countries were saying that we would not be dominant because we did not know how to play defense. Back in the 80s, NBA scores were outrageous like now. Those comments offended US players, who upped their defensive pressure and shut down teams. This ushered in an era of better defense in the NBA. Things will change again at some point in the future.

8 hours ago, Cmr3 said:

Didn’t show enough to me, there is a reason coach didn’t play him that much.Reid was usually in at the end of games for a reason. 

Actually, it was Jose that was in at the end of most games. CAAR had a set routine where Jose played the first 5 minutes of each half. Reid would then play until the 7- or 8-minute mark. Jose would then return for the remainder of the half.

In the post-game presser yesterday, CAAR was asked why Hines and Jose were not in at the end of the game. He said that he was not going to answer because he did want to be fined. So yes, there was a reason why he was not in the game at the end; and it is probably something different from what you are thinking.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,622
  • Days Won:  424

42 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

In the post-game presser yesterday, CAAR was asked why Hines and Jose were not in at the end of the game. He said that he was not going to answer because he did want to be fined. So yes, there was a reason why he was not in the game at the end; and it is probably something different from what you are thinking.

I believe the legal term is Assault and Battery ....

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  268

image.thumb.png.98a80609b9ce42f12262a27d31a047e5.png

halftime score

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  365

5 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Actually, it was Jose that was in at the end of most games. CAAR had a set routine where Jose played the first 5 minutes of each half. Reid would then play until the 7- or 8-minute mark. Jose would then return for the remainder of the half.

Jose would eventually get taken out, like the Memphis game, charlotte game, SMU game, and lot of others.

He could have played a lot more if he would of produced more, he just didn’t. I watched every game. There was a couple games he caught fire but it might have been one or two.

Coach will not say this but the times he took him out were times that were very important in the game and he just wasn’t producing, so he put Reid in. 

I don’t have nothing against Jose he just didn’t produce the way I thought he would for one reason or another.

Edited by Cmr3