• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any word on if an extension has been offered to CAAR?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

We're not going to be able to pay Rahim enough to stay at USF long term. However most of us have been watching this program for the latter part of 20+ years and we would be hard pressed to say there has been a better coached team in our history. Pay the man - make the buyout extremely high - enjoy the fruits of someone that can coach where the players actually understand the concept of team ball.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,360
  • Days Won:  43

12 hours ago, The Sheriff said:

We're not going to be able to pay Rahim enough to stay at USF long term. However most of us have been watching this program for the latter part of 20+ years and we would be hard pressed to say there has been a better coached team in our history. Pay the man - make the buyout extremely high - enjoy the fruits of someone that can coach where the players actually understand the concept of team ball.

And at the same time hopefully USF & CAAR have a coach in waiting for the program in case that time comes. So what Gonzaga did for hoops whenever they kept losing coaches to other programs until they found a lifer in Mark Few. It can be done & it must be done. USF hoops can’t go back to being the same ol’ SOUTH FLORIDA! My brother!!

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Want to keep your coaches? Get into a better conference, get that TV money and pay them what they're worth. Until then, any bit of sustained success will result in poaching by those who have that setup already. It's pretty simple. It's not the facilities, it's not the location, it's not the administration, it's the money and the lack of opportunity to really be great on a national stage. It's just a fact.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Bull Matrix said:

And at the same time hopefully USF & CAAR have a coach in waiting for the program in case that time comes. So what Gonzaga did for hoops whenever they kept losing coaches to other programs until they found a lifer in Mark Few. It can be done & it must be done. USF hoops can’t go back to being the same ol’ SOUTH FLORIDA! My brother!!

You mean like an assistant coach? I don't think that would be the route to go. The best plan for a program like USF will always be to find the best available person with HC experience.

However, I hope this wont be an issue for many years to come. and Rahim will be with us a long time. Hopefully at some point we will be in the ACC or Big 12 where it will become easier to keep good HC's.

25 minutes ago, belgianbull said:

You mean like an assistant coach? I don't think that would be the route to go. The best plan for a program like USF will always be to find the best available person with HC experience.

However, I hope this wont be an issue for many years to come. and Rahim will be with us a long time. Hopefully at some point we will be in the ACC or Big 12 where it will become easier to keep good HC's.

USF already tried that after CWT left for Oregon & it didn’t work. How about they keep the momentum going by keeping the same systems that seem to be working….

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  539
  • Days Won:  0

Good news bad news.   Jose is making over $800K and has a $1,000,000 buy out. They can bring in a new Womens head coach for around $350K to $400K and now as an athletic department have a nice chunk of change to pay Rahim and staff some extra cash

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

15 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

USF already tried that after CWT left for Oregon & it didn’t work. How about they keep the momentum going by keeping the same systems that seem to be working….

I think system that has very little to do as to why we had meager years after the first year of Strong and under Scott. I think Golesh and Rahim proved that point with bringing  in new systems and having success year 1.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,473
  • Days Won:  13

45 minutes ago, goingbackbull said:

Good news bad news.   Jose is making over $800K and has a $1,000,000 buy out. They can bring in a new Womens head coach for around $350K to $400K and now as an athletic department have a nice chunk of change to pay Rahim and staff some extra cash

THIS!!!!!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, belgianbull said:

I think system that has very little to do as to why we had meager years after the first year of Strong and under Scott. I think Golesh and Rahim proved that point with bringing  in new systems and having success year 1.

Actually CCS changed the momentum on offense by slowing it down thus destroying the Gulf Coast Offense that CWT put together 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,443
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, Bull Matrix said:

Actually CCS changed the momentum on offense by slowing it down thus destroying the Gulf Coast Offense that CWT put together 

Quarterback spikes ball and hits himself in the nuts on Make a GIF Don't forget he hired the infamous Kerwin Bell.

5 hours ago, Bull Matrix said:

Also Willy's system didn't work. The team was lost  and he was forced to hire TJ Weist. It was TJ Weist who brought the GCO to make Willy look good. Willy's offense sucked before Weist at USF, it sucked at Oregon without Weist, it sucked at FSU without Weist, and it sucked at FAU without Weist. If you notice when Weist left USF he went to the Ravens and they developed a pretty good and consistent offense staring a mobile qb in Jackson. 

Edited by Outlaw