• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like FAU Game will be a sell out…

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

56 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Everywhere I look is a concourse with a wall where a person could stand and not block a view

Emergency lanes, no standing.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Idk what @puc86 is talking about, so dramatic. Destroying brand value in one game, velvet ropes, huh? The difference in selling an additional number of tickets over capacity to achieve a new attendance record is in no way possible “brand value destroying”. The sale of these tickets I’m mentioning could have already occurred days ago as demand has been high and people have been turned away since this game sold days ago. I never said to add ticket availability on game day to devalue anything. They should have made available the number of tickets sold INITIALLY to surpass the previous record by ONE ticket to make a statement achievement to go along with the other achievements of this team and this coach this season. Syracuse has done this before to achieve new attendance records at the previously named Carrier Dome and I’m sure many other programs have as well. It’s not controversial at all. Weird responses @puc86

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, 79 Bull said:

Emergency lanes, no standing.

Haven’t exactly measured them but I’m sure they are beyond code and there are always painted zones where people stand in a working capacity or where seats exist for handicapped people. You paint a new zone for standing where size permits (which I’m pretty sure will be everywhere) if you actually want to have sro capacity (which I’m not sure we would actually want).

4 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Idk what @puc86 is talking about, so dramatic. Destroying brand value in one game, velvet ropes, huh? The difference in selling an additional number of tickets over capacity to achieve a new attendance record is in no way possible “brand value destroying”. The sale of these tickets I’m mentioning could have already occurred days ago as demand has been high and people have been turned away since this game sold days ago. I never said to add ticket availability on game day to devalue anything. They should have made available the number of tickets sold INITIALLY to surpass the previous record by ONE ticket to make a statement achievement to go along with the other achievements of this team and this coach this season. Syracuse has done this before to achieve new attendance records at the previously named Carrier Dome and I’m sure many other programs have as well. It’s not controversial at all. Weird responses @puc86

It’s pretty simple. People want usf tickets right now. One of the reasons people want them right now is because for the first time in forever they can’t have them. Not being able to have something they want will make people want it more and try to avoid being left out in the future. Telling them don’t worry about it no matter what happens we will make sure it’s impossible that you will ever be left out whenever you finally decide last moment that we are your best option for the day is not going to lead to them converting in the future. If it’s just a numbers game then get more students in since they paid for it anyway, will be more likely to become die hard fans and you aren’t trying to convince them to buy tickets to the majority of games that you usually can’t give away. 

Scarcity drives demand and value and if there is one thing our tickets have lacked it’s scarcity. USF athletics seems to have went with my weird opinion, along with any economist ever,(and I’m actually defending them which nicely is happening more often) so there is that ….

In very short the only reason there is demand now for sro tickets is because of people like me that couldn’t be bothered to buy tickets when they were still available days ago and the only reason we now want them is because we can’t have them.

Having us wallow in our fomo sells more tickets in the long term than any imagined transformative in game experience we could have had at the game today and when you cry sellout we may actually listen. If you open up a new batch of tickets ,yet again, we won’t.

Oh and one final note on the weirdness of the argument (and I’m not the weird side) why in the absolute **** would anyone want to replace Florida with FAU in any record book for anything?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Oh and one final note on the weirdness of the argument (and I’m not the weird side) why in the absolute **** would anyone want to replace Florida with FAU in any record book for anything?

Because one occurred 23 years ago and doesn’t matter anymore and the other one is today, displaying one category of progress within the program. I know, that’s why I’m the weird side, again. 

5 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

Because one occurred 23 years ago and doesn’t matter anymore and the other one is today, displaying one category of progress within the program. I know, that’s why I’m the weird side, again. 

People see most popular game ever Florida and that’s way better to see than FAU. With any luck in a few years we will never be playing teams like this ever again and the less times they are in our record books the better served we will be.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,486
  • Days Won:  13