• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  775
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Because Blasigh was 0 for the night. Professor Bulldawg is correct. She doesn't even practice 3s.  Mid range is her shot she may not be tall enough or elevate enough to get them off inside 15 feet.

Blasigh has been 0 for many nights. And I am really surprised by your last statement about not being tall enough or elevate enough. Obviously we are looking at 2 different players because she is the most athletic player on the squad at 2" taller than Blasigh.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Just an aside on that game. The announcers for Temple may have been the best I've heard on the +.  Other than mistaking a 3 by Brito as being made by Blasigh (that's happened a few times this year when people see a 5) they were professional.

2 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Blasigh has been 0 for many nights. And I am really surprised by your last statement about not being tall enough or elevate enough. Obviously we are looking at 2 different players because she is the most athletic player on the squad at 2" taller than Blasigh.

So give me the reason that she can't shoot a mid range jumper. Also, Blasigh shoots a lot of step back 3s to make space for herself.

Edited by CousinRicky

12 hours ago, Professor BullDawg said:

I don’t disagree with you, but with Pancho (I was responding to him). I’ve been to several WBB practice sessions and Aarnio doesn’t even shoot from the outside in practice! I agree she’s been a non-factor (except on defense; she took a charge in the Tulane game that saved the game for USF). 

BullDawg, I see you appear to be new, so I am guessing that you have not seen Aarnio highlights, so I will post again. Watch the highlight and ask yourself, if she can do the things that she does on that highlight tape, why is she not doing it here? Is it Aarnio or is it the coach? Note that she scored several times on her current teammate, Brito. And I am going to add that what we are seeing Levy do now, she was not doing early in the season. I was advocating for Levy, but people were making similar comments, like I trust in CJF or if she is that good, she would be playing. So, did she suddenly get good mid-season or was it a coaching decision?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Just an aside on that game. The announcers for Temple may have been the best I've heard on the +.  Other than mistaking a 3 by Brito as being made by Blasigh (that's happened a few times this year when people see a 5) they were professional.

So give me the reason that she can't shoot a mid range jumper. Also, Blasigh shoots a lot of step back 3s to make space for herself.

Again, because she is not taking them does not mean she can't make them. She is not taking layups either. She is barely shooting. That is a coaching issue, not Aarnio's. As for Blasigh, my recollection is that part of the reason why Blasigh has dropped off on her accuracy is that she is employing more of the step back 3. I don't recall her using that move early in the season. I began to see her use it as teams started to defend her more tightly. And she is missing badly a lot more now. I think 4 of her 5 3s yesterday did not touch the rim.

When BJ Mack played here, I could not understand why CBG was not giving this guy more playing time. This guy, despite his non-athletic looking body was a good shooter with great footwork and a nice touch down low. He averaged 8 minutes and shot 3-14 from deep. Where was the evidence that he was a good player or a good 3 pt shooter? Well, the evidence was there but he was not being given the opportunity for fans to see it. Just look at what he has done since leaving USF. Again, it comes down to coaching decisions. What they do can make or break a player's career.

WWW.ESPN.COM

Complete career NCAAM stats for the South Carolina Gamecocks Forward B.J. Mack on ESPN. Includes points, rebounds, and assists.

37 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

BullDawg, I see you appear to be new, so I am guessing that you have not seen Aarnio highlights, so I will post again. Watch the highlight and ask yourself, if she can do the things that she does on that highlight tape, why is she not doing it here? Is it Aarnio or is it the coach? Note that she scored several times on her current teammate, Brito. And I am going to add that what we are seeing Levy do now, she was not doing early in the season. I was advocating for Levy, but people were making similar comments, like I trust in CJF or if she is that good, she would be playing. So, did she suddenly get good mid-season or was it a coaching decision?

Something else you should notice with this tape is the way Aarnio plays defense. In this tape, you see an aggressive defender with quick hands who is able to make steals. At USF, she plays entirely different with her hands straight up with no attempts to steal the ball. Again, this is not on Aarnio; it is the coaching.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,820
  • Days Won:  22

Aarnio has a big fan on this board LOL.

At the end of the day you must produce when you get a chance to play.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

When BJ Mack played here, I could not understand why CBG was not giving this guy more playing time. This guy, despite his non-athletic looking body was a good shooter with great footwork and a nice touch down low. He averaged 8 minutes and shot 3-14 from deep. Where was the evidence that he was a good player or a good 3 pt shooter? Well, the evidence was there but he was not being given the opportunity for fans to see it. Just look at what he has done since leaving USF. Again, it comes down to coaching decisions. What they do can make or break a player's career.

WWW.ESPN.COM

Complete career NCAAM stats for the South Carolina Gamecocks Forward B.J. Mack on ESPN. Includes points, rebounds, and assists.

lol.  First CBG not CJF.  Second, he stepped back in competition for 3 years.  Third, he had the opportunity to mature and develop.  Fourth, it happens a lot that guys transfer and develop over time or find a better situation for them.

Give it a rest.  My lord

26 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

Aarnio has a big fan on this board LOL.

At the end of the day you must produce when you get a chance to play.

Can't decide if it is Aarnio's dad or Amy Thompson's

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Again, because she is not taking them does not mean she can't make them. She is not taking layups either. She is barely shooting. That is a coaching issue, not Aarnio's. As for Blasigh, my recollection is that part of the reason why Blasigh has dropped off on her accuracy is that she is employing more of the step back 3. I don't recall her using that move early in the season. I began to see her use it as teams started to defend her more tightly. And she is missing badly a lot more now. I think 4 of her 5 3s yesterday did not touch the rim.

One more time. Aarnio doesn't shoot threes in practice. Whether she made some in highlight reels doesn't mean she's making them now. 

I am 3 for 3 shooting three pointers at the practice center, at the Hartford center and at NC State. That doesn't mean you want to throw me on the court and count on me making one under duress.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

5 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

I agree that they have not progressed; however, that is not their fault. It is the coach's responsibility to develop his players. That is what a leader does. I am sorry, this is on CJF.

4 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Again, it comes down to coaching decisions. What they do can make or break a player's career.

Absolutely it can come down to coaching decisions but more often than not, it's the player's "decisions" that make or break a player's career. The game is an important but small part of what leads to a player's development and you have no idea what's going on away from game day. Both CJF and CBG have had enough success in their careers that I think I'll value their decisions/opinions a little more than yours ...... no offense.

Edited by Triple B
  • Upvote 1