• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

She does shoot from the perimeter. She did last year and has done it in her career. She is playing the wing when she is in, but she is not being given the opportunity to shoot. This was my whole point; let her loose.

I think you’re confusing Aarnio and Asensio.

• Topic Count:  358
  • Content Count:  4,118
  • Days Won:  56

1 hour ago, Professor BullDawg said:

Right, Janette has attempted 7 threes in her two-year USF career and made 1. I still don’t understand why we’re talking about her? Jose obviously doesn’t see her as a significant player with as little as she has played in 59 games as a Bull. There is ZERO evidence that she is the answer to anything or needs to be “let loose.”

Edited by Dave_Glaser

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  135
  • Days Won:  0

27 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Right, Janette has attempted 7 threes in her two-year USF career and made 1. I still don’t understand why we’re talking about her? Jose obviously doesn’t see her as a significant player with as little as she has played in 59 games as a Bull. There is ZERO evidence that she is the answer to anything or needs to be “let loose.”

I don’t disagree with you, but with Pancho (I was responding to him). I’ve been to several WBB practice sessions and Aarnio doesn’t even shoot from the outside in practice! I agree she’s been a non-factor (except on defense; she took a charge in the Tulane game that saved the game for USF). 

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  775
  • Days Won:  2

14 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

When you get those extra minutes, you need to show something, right? A little more than 2 points and 2 rebounds in 21 minutes

That is my point in having her do more. That is on CJF. Did you see the game? You mention the stats, yet he kept her in the game. Why? Because the whole team played better with her on the floor. They touched a little on that in the postgame interview. My point from yesterday is that he needs to have her do more. She had much more of an impact than the stats showed.

14 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Let’s be honest, none of those girls that were freshmen last year have made any progress - not Janette, not Emma, not Carla, not Dani, not Marina - and that’s why we are where we are right now. Jose is going to have to decide if any of them just need more time to develop or if they are what they are. We haven’t seen this much in the past. That’s why our program has sustained success. Role players one year always became key contributors the next when given the opportunity. This bunch hasn’t.

I agree that they have not progressed; however, that is not their fault. It is the coach's responsibility to develop his players. That is what a leader does. I am sorry, this is on CJF.

13 hours ago, Professor BullDawg said:

No confusion here. I know who Aarnio is.

12 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Because you do not see the evidence does not mean the evidence does not exist. When Xavier Castaneda played here, was there evidence that he could be the leader of a team? Yet, that is exactly what he did when he left, when he was 11th in the nation in scoring last year. Same with BJ Mack and Jalyn McCreary and many of the players on last year's squad. "No evidence" here, otherwise they would be given the opportunity. Well, they leave here and are given the opportunity, and voila.

The evidence is in Aarnio's history prior to coming to USF. 1-7 is statistically insignificant. Case in point, Youngblood at the start of the season vs now. Blasigh is shooting about 25% from deep over the last 14 or so games. Does not mean she should not be shooting them?

11 hours ago, Professor BullDawg said:

I don’t disagree with you, but with Pancho (I was responding to him). I’ve been to several WBB practice sessions and Aarnio doesn’t even shoot from the outside in practice! I agree she’s been a non-factor (except on defense; she took a charge in the Tulane game that saved the game for USF). 

Not shooting from the outside does not mean she cannot hit them. Like I said, she has a history of shooting over 30% from deep. Why don't you look at the highlight tape that I have posted several times? She is playing according to what the coach is telling her to do.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

15 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

She does shoot from the perimeter. She did last year and has done it in her career. She is playing the wing when she is in, but she is not being given the opportunity to shoot. This was my whole point; let her loose.

She was in for Blasigh, why wouldn't she shoot the 3's like her?  Either CJF doesn't want her to, she isn't confident enough or she can't get open.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

23 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

That is my point in having her do more. That is on CJF. Did you see the game? You mention the stats, yet he kept her in the game. Why? Because the whole team played better with her on the floor. They touched a little on that in the postgame interview. My point from yesterday is that he needs to have her do more. She had much more of an impact than the stats showed.

Because Blasigh was 0 for the night. Professor Bulldawg is correct. She doesn't even practice 3s.  Mid range is her shot she may not be tall enough or elevate enough to get them off inside 15 feet.