• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

40 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

I hope that VPMK and CAAR are working the phones hard to try and get some good non-conference road games for next season. Have to play at least 4 decent OOC teams in order to inflate the NET ranking moving forward. 

Gotta remember not only to schedule higher visibility teams, but also to beat them.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,482
  • Days Won:  0

FAU does at least have a few quality wins. Can't say the same for many other teams ahead of us in the NET rankings.

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

44 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

FAU does at least have a few quality wins. Can't say the same for many other teams ahead of us in the NET rankings.

does anyone ahead of us have 3 worse losses than we do? What are our quality wins? Look at the NET's of the teams we have beaten. I think our best win is Memphis who has a NET in the 80's. 

This turnaround has been fantastic, and we might be building something, but there is no conspiracy to keep us down. We do not have the resume of a NCAA Tourney team, only realistic way to get there is to win the conference. We have a real shot at doing that.

Edited by flsportsfan83
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

does anyone ahead of us have 3 worse losses than we do? What are our quality wins? Look at the NET's of the teams we have beaten. I think our best win is Memphis who has a NET in the 80's. 

This turnaround has been fantastic, and we might be building something, but there is no conspiracy to keep us down. We do not have the resume of a NCAA Tourney team, only realistic way to get there is to win the conference. We have a real shot at doing that.

Idk, we beat UNI head to head and have a better record. They're still ahead. I still don't know what school that is.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

Memphis losing 3 straight after us and the wheels falling off FSU (lost to Louisville lol) have really impacted our NET. If Memphis only lost to us they'd be ranked top 35ish NET and we'd have a Q1 win still. 

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

6 minutes ago, BULLSHTR said:

Idk, we beat UNI head to head and have a better record. They're still ahead. I still don't know what school that is.

UNI isbehind us at 127

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,712
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, BULLSHTR said:

UNI is 127 ....

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:

UNI is 127 ....

oh good, they fixed it. they weren't a few days ago. how often do they update the rankings?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

2 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Yes, this is what I've been saying all along. I am holding back the possibility of winning the tournament until I see us play tomorrow, but more specifically against FAU in the regular season matchup. We haven't played the very top teams of the conference yet. If we somehow lose to FAU by 20, I don't see us magically beating them later on in the conference tournament. They may be the wall we can't break through to actually take it all. If we win out, including beating FAU before tourney time, I'm 100% all-in, it's on, LET'S GO! Optimistically cautious, at least until we beat Charlotte at home tomorrow.

How do we explain UNT being ahead of us? What about teams like "St. Bonaventure"? Bradley? Drake? Those last two haven't even played any top 25 teams..