• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Five straight wins . . .

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  354
  • Content Count:  4,094
  • Days Won:  56

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Brad said:

So too can unpreparedness in the form of starting/playing guys that shouldn't, that turn the ball over, that shoot poorly or don't play defense.  It's not random.  CMU came in ready to play and USF did not.  

This. Chemistry or not, it’s probably a game you should win on talent alone. That’s the one we’ll look back on at the end of the year as the real head-scratcher. CMU lost to Loyola and FSU - two teams we beat fairly easily - by 65 combined points. It happens, I guess. But you have to like what you’ve seen over the past three weeks. Temple should tell us a bit more tomorrow. That’s a totally winnable game. They come in losers of three of the past four - VCU, Old Dominion, Nevada and the closest loss was 9 points - the only W was a grinder against Portland (55-54).

Despite the numbers in our favor, in years past, we lose this one, so let’s see if we’re not the same old South Florida.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

2 hours ago, Brad said:

So too can unpreparedness in the form of starting/playing guys that shouldn't, that turn the ball over, that shoot poorly or don't play defense.  It's not random.  CMU came in ready to play and USF did not.  

You're right, it's not random. It's a process and that game was part of it ....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

the only W was a grinder against Portland (55-54)

That was truly one of the ugliest basketball games I've seen in a while.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Dave_Glaser said:

This. Chemistry or not, it’s probably a game you should win on talent alone. That’s the one we’ll look back on at the end of the year as the real head-scratcher. CMU lost to Loyola and FSU - two teams we beat fairly easily - by 65 combined points. It happens,

It's a head scratcher now considering what transpired since then but head scratchers definitely happen all the time during the ooc season ...... ****, I'm just happy it IS considered a head scratcher now ...

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You're right, it's not random. It's a process and that game was part of it ....

I meant Ws and Ls. 

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

It's a head scratcher now considering what transpired since then but head scratchers definitely happen all the time during the ooc season ...... ****, I'm just happy it IS considered a head scratcher now ...

It was a head scratcher then.  No doubt.  By many, including the coach himself......

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,456
  • Days Won:  13

2 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

This. Chemistry or not, it’s probably a game you should win on talent alone. That’s the one we’ll look back on at the end of the year as the real head-scratcher. CMU lost to Loyola and FSU - two teams we beat fairly easily - by 65 combined points. It happens, I guess. But you have to like what you’ve seen over the past three weeks. Temple should tell us a bit more tomorrow. That’s a totally winnable game. They come in losers of three of the past four - VCU, Old Dominion, Nevada and the closest loss was 9 points - the only W was a grinder against Portland (55-54).

Despite the numbers in our favor, in years past, we lose this one, so let’s see if we’re not the same old South Florida.

I have us losing tomorrow. Hopefully coach proves me wrong and I leave the Yuenling Ctr for another coupon for a free portillos sandy. 

We'd have to regress mightily to lose to that Temple squad.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

8 minutes ago, Brad said:

We'd have to regress mightily to lose to that Temple squad.

Let's bookmark this page. I know this isn't football but have we had issues with their MBB team as well?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Let's bookmark this page. I know this isn't football but have we had issues with their MBB team as well?

I remember when Temple hoops was good under Coach Chaney. Tons of teams had issues with them back in those days. They were a force in the A10.