• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amy Thompson's HS Senior Season

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, panchosanchez99 said:

Amy made a career high 10 3s and scored 47 points in her game Friday night. This was her 3rd 40-pt game in the last 5 games.

I've not heard anything from CJF about incoming commits. I know he can't mention them by name. But do we have anyone else committed?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,603
  • Days Won:  424

42 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I've not heard anything from CJF about incoming commits. I know he can't mention them by name. But do we have anyone else committed?

She's signed .....

GOUSFBULLS.COM

South Florida women's basketball head coach Jose Fernandez has announced the addition of two signees on Wednesday afternoon. Amy Thompson and Yana...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  775
  • Days Won:  2

44 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Yana Karamfilova is a 6'3" forward with a Levy-like game.

12 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Don't watch a whole lot of WBB games but in the ones I have, Levy has one the smoothest mid range jumpers I've ever seen, men or women ...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Don't watch a whole lot of WBB games but in the ones I have, Levy has one the smoothest mid range jumpers I've ever seen, men or women ...

And she has 2 more years.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

She's signed .....

GOUSFBULLS.COM

South Florida women's basketball head coach Jose Fernandez has announced the addition of two signees on Wednesday afternoon. Amy Thompson and Yana...

2 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Some people here think I am related to Amy. I assure you I am not. But I was recently contacted by a member of her family who has read my posts. This person said to me that I am remarkably on point and accurate in describing her game.

3 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Some people here think I am related to Amy. I assure you I am not. But I was recently contacted by a member of her family who has read my posts. This person said to me that I am remarkably on point and accurate in describing her game.

I don’t think anyone here thinks you’re making up stuff about her. She appears to be a **** good, maybe even special, high school player but what most care about on the board is how she does when she gets here and that’s still a ways off. 

Amy finished the regular season at 26.2 ppg, just over 10 points more than last year's average. She hit 118 3-pointers, good for 4.5 per game. The player with the second most 3-pointers had 15 on the season.

WWW.MNGIRLSBASKETBALLHUB.COM

Follow the MN Girls' Basketball Hub for complete Star Tribune coverage of girls’ high school basketball and the Minnesota state high school tournament, including scores...

• Go Bulls! 1

For those of you still worried about her competition, Amy plays at the highest level in Minnesota (4A); so you can imagine the quality of defenders she has to face each game. I have read articles where her coach states that she is constantly facing double teams every game. Despite this, the fact that she was able to put up the numbers she did and still maintain a 40%-plus percent shooting percentage (from three) is amazing. That is 5 straight years of shooting 40% from three. Amy ended up leading the entire state of Minnesota (all division levels) in three pointers made this season, was 12th in the state in total points (680), and 13th in points per game (26.2).