• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Amy Thompson's HS Senior Season

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  29
  • Content Count:  766
  • Days Won:  2

Next year women's basketball commit, Amy Thompson, is off to a great start in her final season of high school. She is a 5'10" point guard with excellent ball-handling skills and excellent 3-pt shooting, with accuracy, range, and a quick release on her 3 pointers. She is able to create separation off the dribble to create her own shot. She has averaged greater than 40% from deep for 4 straight years. After averaging about 16 points per game last year, she has produced the following in 3 recent games:

1. 31 pts, 8 rebounds, 5 assists

2. 24 pts, 8 rebounds, 8 assists, 4 steals

3. 38 pts, 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 5 steals

• Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 3

18 hours ago, COBBULL said:

Sounds like a baller

After being named player of the week, she scored 22 points in the next game.

WWW.NEWSBREAK.COM

Amy Thompson Girls basketball The team’s top returning scorer coming into the season, Amy Thompson has hit the ground running for the Stillwater girls basketball...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

On Tuesday, Amy scored 22 pts and grabbed 9 rebounds in their win against Mounds View HS.

How does that translate vs NC State?  I'm sure she's a fine player but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

On 12/14/2023 at 10:28 AM, CousinRicky said:

How does that translate vs NC State?  I'm sure she's a fine player but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

She is a better ball handler and 3-pt shooter than anyone we currently have. She is also better at scoring off the bounce (as CJF puts it) than anyone we currently have. When I watch her dribble, it seems like the ball is a part of her hands; for me, it is poetry in motion.

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, panchosanchez99 said:

She is a better ball handler and 3-pt shooter than anyone we currently have. She is also better at scoring off the bounce (as CJF puts it) than anyone we currently have. When I watch her dribble, it seems like the ball is a part of her hands; for me, it is poetry in motion.

Again, not college competition. I hope you're right but I will wait until next year to judge.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Again, not college competition. I hope you're right but I will wait until next year to judge.

Hopefully her ability to dribble a basketball isn’t lost when she comes on campus…I’d like to see some of that poetry in motion. 

14 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I hear you about not being college competition, but, in using the eyeball test, her skill in handling the ball is apparent.

I have posted this video before of her junior season highlights. There is no sound and it under 3 minutes long. In addition, I have watched about 4 or 5 of her games. This is why I can say, which is not apparent from this clip, that her weakness is driving and finishing. What I can say from watching those games is that her ball handling is consistent with this clip. Please watch every second closely because you may miss some of the dribbling she does, including in the first few seconds of the clip. While there are players on our squad that can dribble behind the back and through the legs, none has the control she has on those dribble moves; the ball always comes back to her hands in the perfect place without effort. I have seen where defenders put pressure, and there is no apparent panic on her part. It is as if she knows that there is no way they will take the ball from her.

WWW.MAXPREPS.COM

Amy Thompson's videos on MaxPreps.