• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How to cut the cord to save $ and still watch the Bulls?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

I have found fuboTV combined with ESPN+ covers almost all USF stuff. Way less than what I paid before

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983

8 minutes ago, 350_BULL said:

Yoo!

I have a decent setup. First thing, if you're in a tough to get service area then I HIGHLY recommend getting one of the new home internet options if available. I have T-Mobile home internet and it's the best thing I've done in a while. I pay flat $40 per month and get 200mbps and best part is that it connects to 5G cell network. So no need to run wires and have a tech install. Had FiOS before but they kept price increases every year.

After that I have YouTube TV and it's cancel any time so just cancel when bulls football is done with. ESPN+ for basketball cancel that also when season ends. Pick up Bally sports when rays start. I personally like flexibility with no contracts.

I've been tempted to give the Verizon home internet a try.  But during Hurricane Ian our cell service went down and was not working for long time afterward.  Thankfully our son's cell was working (different provider). Still, that was sobering and I question Verizon's reliability going forward.  Thanks for info.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

5 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

I've been tempted to give the Verizon home internet a try.  But during Hurricane Ian our cell service went down and was not working for long time afterward.  Thankfully our son's cell was working (different provider). Still, that was sobering and I question Verizon's reliability going forward.  Thanks for info.

Just my 2¢ but Verizon is 100% the absolute worst provider in the history of customer service.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  692
  • Days Won:  1

5 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Understood that is certainly a fair concern.

For what it's worth can't speak for Verizon but with T-Mobile I have had the 5G Internet go down exactly one full day in the last year. And low and behold I had to work from home that one day and it was a big issue for me. However, I called their tech support number and actual human being answered first ring. He gave me a $20 dollar credit and asked me to go to the T-Mobile store to get a free hot spot that somehow worked off of a different cell tower.

It was a very strange experience actually talking to people and going to a brick and mortar store for help 😂

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

Ditched Directv and signed up for Hulu + with local channels at the beginning of the season for USF games on CBSSN. So far so good although I don’t love supporting the mouse.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Cat941 said:

Yes, I have a loyalty discount cause I hound 'em every year to get one but it isn't the "best" discount that Directv's ever given me.  They don't seem to care anymore when I contact customer service.  They are quiet quitting LOL.  

Have you tried any of the above?  

Sling is pretty good for the price. Fubo is decent as well. I haven’t tried the Hulu or YouTube options. I haven’t had traditional cable in years. These companies incentivize you to company hop. Customer service in the old sense is dead, for the most part.

The apps have trial periods. If you get curious about a service give them a trial run.

7 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

Sling is pretty good for the price. Fubo is decent as well. I haven’t tried the Hulu or YouTube options. I haven’t had traditional cable in years. These companies incentivize you to company hop. Customer service in the old sense is dead, for the most part.

The apps have trial periods. If you get curious about a service give them a trial run.

Thank you.  

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

Get YouTube TV and be done with it. Eve. With their price hikes over the past couple years they're still a lot more affordable than Spectrum or DirecTV. 

20 minutes ago, BrowardBull17 said:

Get YouTube TV and be done with it. Eve. With their price hikes over the past couple years they're still a lot more affordable than Spectrum or DirecTV. 

Noted.  Thanks. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

We went with SlingTV some years back. Like any provider, they have add-on packages. I add and drop throughout the year depending on my interest. The sports add-on package includes:

image.png.702debfd4eb8b3f409161ef07d6c5c10.png

You get ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, FS1, Fox Sports Net, etc. Basically, the only thing we don't get is CBSSN - and I get ESPN+ for two months of football season then drop it.