• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WaPo ranks the 41 Bowl Games

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

So, if it's AI - does that diminish the essence of the material being presented? Wedged in between Old Dominion vs Western Kentucky and Arkansas State vs Northern Illinois. Did the article say this was a 'must see' or is this one of the ones we can skip? 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

WWW.MLIVE.COM

There will be plenty of college football over the next month to bet...

34. South Florida (6-6) vs. Syracuse (6-6)

Date: December 21st

Spread: Syracuse -3.5

Total: Over/Under 58.5

USF went 4-29 over the previous three seasons and became bowl-eligible in their first season under Alex Golesh. They probably feel great. The vibes in Syracuse are different as a 4-0 start to the season was wasted and Dino Babers was fired.

They have us ahead of SMU

38. Fenway Bowl: No. 24 SMU vs. Boston College

37. Boca Raton Bowl: Syracuse vs. South Florida

Thursday, Dec. 21, 8 p.m. -- Alex Golesh took over a South Florida team that went 4-29 over the three previous seasons and got them to a bowl in Year 1. I don't care how you spin it, that's impressive. We also shouldn't forget one of those six losses was a 17-3 loss to Alabama that had people questioning if the Alabama dynasty was over. The problem for the Bulls is that their defensive performance against the Tide was an outlier compared to the rest of the season; they do tend to give up points in a hurry when things go poorly. QB Byrum Brown, a hidden gem at the position this season, helps them answer quickly, though. Syracuse likely won't feel the same joy as USF to be here. The Orange fired coach Dino Babers during the season and lost six of their last eight games after a 4-0 start. Silver lining? They've won two of the last three to pick up some momentum heading into the postseason.

ATHLONSPORTS.COM

34. Boca Raton Bowl - South Florida (6-6) vs. Syracuse (6-6)
Dec. 21 - 8 p.m. ET, ESPN

South Florida showed big-time improvement under first-year coach Alex Golesh and rising star quarterback Byrum Brown (318.6 total yards a game). Syracuse will be under the direction of interim coach Nunzio Campanile after Dino Babers was dismissed in November. The Orange average 185 rushing yards a game behind quarterback Garrett Shrader and running back LeQuint Allen.

I also saw this game ranked as 40 on a couple sites. Mid-30’s seems fair, I guess. There are definitely some games that seem like no one will be watching, but the diehards.

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

Ranked #1 with me.  The only "must see" bowl on the list is the Boca Raton Bowl.  I may catch some others on TV just to watch some football, though.

• Go Bulls! 2