• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF-UF 2008 Game Postponed To 2011

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

Joe,

You asume too much. That place had way more USF fans there than UF fans. How come the crowd was for USF for most of that game??? I even watched the game over 20 times, and I can tell you that there were more cheers for USF. I heard a lot of boos toward UF.  Sure the USF fans got quiet after that 20 point run. Hell, a lot of the USF fans had left before that game was over. Of course you are going to here the few UF fans cheer in an empty stadium. You can say the same thing about the Pitt game when USF upset them years ago. The place sounded like a USF home game after USF took control of the game even though there were about a few thousand fans there. Ditto for the ECU road games. Even ECU fans were saying that the USF fans were cheering louder than the ECU fans even when we were outnumbered. I sorry, but you are way off base about UF having close to 7K fans at that game. Maybe UF had close to 2K, but nowhere near 7K. UL and Memphis fans travel well to the SUNDOME. I went to a lot of USFvsUL games and I can tell you that UL brought around 4k to 5k fans sometimes. UF never came close to that as much as you want to believe

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Well ths just sucks. I was looking forward to playing Miami at home next year and that gets postponed, and now the UF game is postponed until frieking 2011. Gosh!

And Joe, you're offbase with your comments on the UF/USF basketball game a few years ago. That was the best atmosphere the Sundome has had in the past 8 or so years, and the crowd was in fact 90% USF fans. We had a solid team that year and the Sheriff got tons of support from the students and the community. Of course the Dome was loud with UF fans in the second half, hard to cheer when your team is down 30.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

I see it as a win-win. Let our program develop another year and we play a much more evenly matched team at home in Kansas. Actually, I'd just assume cancel the contract if that were financially feasible. If we start making a BCS bowl once in a while there is no reason for us to be playing 1 game roadies for pay. Can you imagine any of the current schools in the BCS bowls playing pay games on the road?

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

That UF/USF game was the best atmosphere since USF beat FSU at the SunDome a yr or two earlier.  I do think there will be 20K out of the 65K in RJS if UF came to Tampa but that doesn't bother me.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I would be surprised if there were 2000 UF fans at the game. They were pretty much contained in the seats in the upper deck behind the basket where I used to stand. Someone on here has an image of the game that would show how packed the Dome was with USF fans. The dome seats right under 10K, so 7K would be a total wash of blue and orange... we definitely didn't have a total wash of blue and orange that day. That was one of those games that we'll never forget. That was the roller coaster ride Seth took us through when he coached here... we saw the highs when Reggie hit the three to close the half out sending the Dome into pandomonium, and then we experienced the lows when the red headed stepchild from UF led a 20-0 run killing our 7-0 start for the season. I live to see the day when the Dome is at capacity or **** well near it... when Nickelback is partying with us at 2 AM outside the Dome with 1,000+ intoxicated students just having a great time... and more were still coming back from Ybor to the Sun Dome at that point when word got out how crazy it was... Those were the days...

Hey current students... don't ever graduate... you'll never get that same high in the work world... I don't care how big the paycheck is! Stay in school forever!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

The problem with UF coming here isn't that they might have a ton of fans (nowhere near USF, at MOST 1/3 of crowd), or that they'd beat us.

They want money.  Season tix are not included with your student id card at UF.  They need as many home games as possible.  Since that stadium is usually near capacity to begin with, them going anywhere else means losing a lot of money.  So, if they can play 7 or 8 home games in a year, they gladly will.

I'm not saying I like it, but that's most likely the true reason.  USF could do some of the same, but we do have less conference games.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

lets see if miami comes to tampa

they are all afraid of coming to tampa

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Nowhere near USF, you guys are blinded. Look around, there are 100 UF or FSU fans to every ONE USF fan. UF is about to bring 45,000 fans (at 50-70 bucks a ticket) to a bowl game (buying all the tickets they could), FSU is bringing 35,000 fans (at 80 -120 bucks a piece) to the Orange Bowl (buying all the tickets you could) those teams will travel within state to see a game and don't believe for one second that they won't go out and buy up tickets to the game (especially at 28 - 32 bucks a piece). Sure it would bring a lot of USF fans out of the closet, but we've brought about 30,000 fans to games against top ranked teams this season (schools like WVU, UCF, and FAMU brought a lot of fans.)

Those corporate seats that don't show for many games, you don't think a company like Publix wouldn't have their UF execs asking for their tix to the game?

Further the concessions USF would have to make UF would be large. If UF filled our stadium they aren't going to leave without cash.

Believe what you want, but I would rather bring in a team from outside Florida until we have a big enough fan base to make sure tickets are filled. It takes time, it could be 10-20 somthing years before we get a consistent 60,000 fans at each game.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

UF is Chicken spit run run little gators............... but for real this game wont happen someone will buy someone out