• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

JC QB is trans. to USF (from the ST PETE Times)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Josh Newberg

Tomorrow is just the first day of the transfer period.  His mind does not have to be made by tomorrow.  Ive talked to Jimmy several times, he actually called me today.

Josh Newberg

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

hey all. this board amazes me sometimes. i talked to oliver's coach yesterday, and he told me, unwaveringly, the kid is coming to USF. coach had talked to him 10 minutes earlier, told me the kid came back from an official visit to louisiana tech all the more sure USF is where he wanted to be. told me he has the letter of intent USF sent him, told me he's going to sign it and fax it to USF on wednesday.

josh calls the kid today, wakes him up, gets a groggy response that the kid hasn't made up his mind, and posts it here. josh called me this morning, and josh is confident jimmy oliver is coming to USF. he didn't post it here, but he said so on his site.

if jimmy oliver doesn't sign with USF on wednesday, it's not that my story is false -- let me know who i need to thank for re-titling the thread so nicely -- it's because a young athlete changed his mind. i wrote that he had decided to transfer to USF, and I have every indication that's the case. what he's telling josh is that he hasn't committed -- meaning he hasn't called USF's coaches and told them he's coming. i didn't claim he had.

now you guys go back to arguing over how short he is.

greg

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

now you guys go back to arguing over how short he is.

greg

He's really 3' 2"! They only list him as 6'. ;)

Sounds like he'll be great no matter how tall he is. Size helps, but talent and heart are more important than size.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,649
  • Days Won:  4

Hey if he can complete a pass more than 3 feet away that is anywhere near the numbers of a USF player....I don't care if he is a 2' tall lawn knome.

David-the-Knome.jpg

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

LOL. Greg dont let people on this board get to you. Sometimes this board becomes a feeding frenzy and the sky is falling type of crowd.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Short QBs in college are not that big of a deal. Charlie Ward  6', Rex Grossman is only 6' both were Heisman finalists.

USFWriter, I agree everyone just seems to either

a) become overzealous and annoint us best team in Florida

B) become mad and state how bleak of a situation something is

No one ever has patience and WAITS to see what the kid does.

Remember this is a big decision he will make it and from all reports it will more than likely be to us.

Don't go banging on Josh and Greg for their work, they are the ones that we rely on for USF info and they are very good at it.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

Give Greg a break for gosh sakes.  Y'all clammered for breaking news as soon as it happens.  The Times coverage of the Bulls has improved greatly since Greg arrived.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  201

I'm not sure I understand where people are getting upset with Greg in this thread. Josh is the one that made it sound like he was discreditting the article. I see nothing wrong with discussing the kid and his stats.