• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ouch... Not Cool

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

19 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just looking at attendance numbers, a large part the original loyal may still be here. A good number of the ones who jumped on during the "glory years" of the BE have certainly jumped off

I kind of doubt that. Unless they all took the Rice and Temple games off.  Probably a mix of some diehards and curious onlookers.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

The "who" has never mattered to me. The "where" didn't really matter to me up until the past half a dozen years or so.

To the ones still here from the beginning, I don't think the "who" has ever mattered. The where has never really mattered but it will still be nice to get into an ocs ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

1 minute ago, Brad said:

The “where” mattered to me during the first game at Bucs Stadium.  The “who” started mattering after we experienced the excitement around and the beating of brand name teams.  Hard to go back to Sun Belt teams.  But let’s beat them.  

I totally understand where you are coming from.

Moving to FL in my college years and seeing the fever pitch for College Football this state was in during the early to mid 1990's made it tough to not have a team on our campus at that time. 

Better time are certainly heading our way and it's going to be a fun journey.

• Upvote 4

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Just looking at attendance numbers, a large part the original loyal may still be here. A good number of the ones who jumped on during the "glory years" of the BE have certainly jumped off ....

5 minutes ago, Brad said:

I kind of doubt that. Unless they all took the Rice and Tempme games off.  Probably a mix of some diehards and curious onlookers.

If we ask John nicely maybe he will let us pore over the season tix/donor lists of 2005 and 2023 to get to the bottom of this ....

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

I WONDER what actually student attendance is compared year to year.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

51 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

The "who" has never mattered to me. The "where" didn't really matter to me up until the past half a dozen years or so.

I hope this view isn’t shared throughout the athletics department. “Who” is all that matters if you are attempting to run a successful, nationally recognized football program. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Just looking at attendance numbers, a large part the original loyal may still be here. A good number of the ones who jumped on during the "glory years" of the BE have certainly jumped off ....

We need some new glory years to fill things out.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,919
  • Days Won:  33

9 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

I hope this view isn’t shared throughout the athletics department. “Who” is all that matters if you are attempting to run a successful, nationally recognized football program. 

As I said, it's never mattered to me personally. I'm showing up to watch USF play regardless of who our opponent is.

I would think everyone who posts here can see the view of the department in regards to football scheduling, especially since Michael Kelly has been here. Getting UF and Alabama to play here was something I never thought I would see in my lifetime. Having the opportunity to see Notre Dame come here is something I never thought I would see either. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

To the ones still here from the beginning, I don't think the "who" has ever mattered.

I just said it mattered to me.  

58 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

I'm showing up to watch USF play regardless of who our opponent is.

I would too, just as I watch every game - but it still matters.  It makes a difference for the program.