• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

South Florida Welcomes Stetson For Student Night

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  777
  • Days Won:  2

With Alabama coming up next week, it does not look from what I have seen in the first 2 games. Those games were ones that we should have dominated from start to finish. It looks like were trying to lose this one.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  2,942

3 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

With Alabama coming up next week, it does not look from what I have seen in the first 2 games. Those games were ones that we should have dominated from start to finish. It looks like were trying to lose this one.

Yep.  Thankfully, it will be a clean slate next time out.  Learn from this and get better.  

Blasigh, who had a good first game, did not play the last quarter and a half. Shot 2-9 from the floor. All were open shots. She and Evelien put up an air ball from 5 feet. Wilson, Alvarez, and Brito had 4 turnovers each. Lots of things to clean up before Grambling on Monday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cat941 said:

Yep.  Thankfully, it will be a clean slate next time out.  Learn from this and get better.  

Now that I think of it, someone, I believe Cousin Ricky, said that this was going to be CJF's strategy for the first 3 games. It may not be a bad one after all, with Alabama coming at Game 4. This makes it difficult for Alabama to prepare for us.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  2,942

7 minutes ago, panchosanchez99 said:

Now that I think of it, someone, I believe Cousin Ricky, said that this was going to be CJF's strategy for the first 3 games. It may not be a bad one after all, with Alabama coming at Game 4. This makes it difficult for Alabama to prepare for us.

Makes it difficult for them and the advantage of mixing it up with more playing time for some of the girls.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

There really was never a doubt about the outcome. In his pregame he talked about being unhappy with the defense in game one. Also mentioned missing Sami's leadership on the floor. But, yes, he's just experimenting with different combos now. Sami's dad she's at least a couple weeks away. Rehabbing without pain now, doing weight work and doing shooting drills. Marina seems to have taken a step back but it's early. Thought she and Janette would be looking better.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,731
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

There really was never a doubt about the outcome. In his pregame he talked about being unhappy with the defense in game one. Also mentioned missing Sami's leadership on the floor. But, yes, he's just experimenting with different combos now. Sami's dad she's at least a couple weeks away. Rehabbing without pain now, doing weight work and doing shooting drills. Marina seems to have taken a step back but it's early. Thought she and Janette would be looking better.

I asked Sami after the game in the autograph line how long until she's back. She smiled and just said soon. 

I also told Brito she needs to play harder out there. 😏 She knew I was kidding, of course, and we laughed as I gave her a high five. Love that girl. She was definitely the medicine they needed in the second half.

Just now, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I asked Sami after the game in the autograph line how long until she's back. She smiled and just said soon. 

I also told Brito she needs to play harder out there. 😏 She knew I was kidding, of course, and we laughed as I gave her a high five. Love that girl. She was definitely the medicine they needed in the second half.

I love Carla. Told her she's my favorite player last year while at NC State and again at the practice a couple weeks ago. Not the most talented but works hard. 

• Like 2

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

13 hours ago, panchosanchez99 said:

And Levy, who scored a couple baskets and blocked or altered about 4-5 shots down low.

You are so big on her and I'm not saying that she isn't good, but Carla should be starting and the first two games have shown that. She provides the energy and spark that this team needs. 

Edited by BullyPulpit
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BullyPulpit said:

You are so big on her and I'm not saying that she isn't good, but Carla should be starting and the first two games have shown that. She provides the energy and spark that this team needs. 

Was kind of weird how in the first game coach had Dani and Carla out on the floor together more than I expected. Yesterday's game was more what I envisioned with the two swapping out for each other although they were both in the game at the same time for short stretches IIRC.