• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

welp, back to sub-.500 football in a midmajor conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

6 hours ago, puc86 said:

Just think how competitive we will be after 3 more realignments, VPMK is playing the long game with his continued success through failure strategy. Maybe we can even get this conference to a level we can have the longest home winning streak to open a stadium in college football history, super exciting stuff.

funny

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, puc86 said:

Just think how competitive we will be after 3 more realignments, VPMK is playing the long game with his continued success through failure strategy. Maybe we can even get this conference to a level we can have the longest home winning streak to open a stadium in college football history, super exciting stuff.

Last season: BYU, Howard, Florida, Louisville, ECU, Cincinnati, Tulane, Houston, Temple, SMU, Tulsa, UCF

This season: WKU, FAMU, Alabama, Rice, Navy, UAB, FAU, UConn, Memphis, Temple, UTSA, Charlotte

Unpopular opinion, I’m not convinced the team is better than last season. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

26 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

You may be wrong but you may be right.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

56 minutes ago, 00Bull said:

Last season: BYU, Howard, Florida, Louisville, ECU, Cincinnati, Tulane, Houston, Temple, SMU, Tulsa, UCF

This season: WKU, FAMU, Alabama, Rice, Navy, UAB, FAU, UConn, Memphis, Temple, UTSA, Charlotte

The unbiased measuring stick is wins.   USF has 4 wins this season.   USF had 4 wins under Jeff Scott in 3 seasons.   Any logical person would say this team is better than last season.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

15 hours ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

Maybe one day we’ll have a defense that doesn’t give up 6-8 touchdowns a game 🤷🏽‍♂️

I would say the aggressive offensive play calling on 4th down deep in our own territory contributed to the loss.   I am not sure what Golesh was thinking, but it took some guts to go for it instead of punting in those situations.   The team was neck and neck with Memphis for most of the game, so Memphis was not exactly putting on a defensive clinic either.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  454

1 hour ago, hightechbull said:

The unbiased measuring stick is wins.   USF has 4 wins this season.   USF had 4 wins under Jeff Scott in 3 seasons.   Any logical person would say this team is better than last season.

That would be logical, if you choose to ignore the massive drop in quality of opponent. How does this years team do with last years schedule…and vice versa? 

As bad as last years defense was, this years defense, outside of the Alabama anomaly, is playing worse competition and seemingly doing worse at it. On offense, clearly we had more talent at the skill positions last season so how much of our offensive performance this year gets attributed to playing lesser opponents. Inquiring minds want to know.

Edited by 00Bull

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

I see a lot of improvement. They’ve actually exceeded what I expected this season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, ahoyboy said:

I see a lot of improvement. They’ve actually exceeded what I expected this season. 

Exactly! I see major improvements this season. This DL is doing better. Ask Bama about trying to run against USF. Once USF secondary improves we will see more wins. Also once we see the offensive improve even more which means less turnovers then this team will compete for the AAC title next season 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

4 hours ago, hightechbull said:

I would say the aggressive offensive play calling on 4th down deep in our own territory contributed to the loss.   I am not sure what Golesh was thinking, but it took some guts to go for it instead of punting in those situations.   The team was neck and neck with Memphis for most of the game, so Memphis was not exactly putting on a defensive clinic either.

Well, according to the geeks on here we are just following the numbers. The fact that most college and NFL teams would punt from deep in their own territory matters not. Didn't watch the entire game. What were our stats yesterday going for it on 4th down?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

4 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

What were our stats yesterday going for it on 4th down?

A hilarious decision to turn the ball over inside the 10 yard line.  I think after running it up the middle twice to gain 3 yards.

It's all a painful blur.