• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Karter Knox - 5 star basketball to USF, a pipedream or not??

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,650
  • Days Won:  424

10 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

don't understand all the times hate.

obviously neither of you read the article.

Knight gave a lot of reasons for why he might pick us.

Also maybe he took the time to get quotes from his father.

if you want instant news then follow twitter.

It's warranted at times and a freaking joke at times. There is no Bulls beat writer right now so it is what it is when it comes to stuff like this .... it's a good article about the situation.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

5 minutes ago, Triple B said:

It's warranted at times and a freaking joke at times. There is no Bulls beat writer right now so it is what it is when it comes to stuff like this .... it's a good article about the situation.

I don't always agree with their point of view but it's a dying industry. I'm glad we get any coverage at all.

What I find ironic is that there are people on here who complain about their coverage that don't even pay for a subscription.

That's like complaining about the job a guy does that cuts your lawn for free.

Edited by Bull94
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

That's like complaining about the job a guy does that cuts your lawn for free.

Well if he comes over once a week and sets your lawn on fire and spits in your face, I think you still have the right to complain about him.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

Well if he comes over once a week and sets your lawn on fire and spits in your face, I think you still have the right to complain about him.

right. because that's what they do.....

an article about why a local 5 star might choose us but is 10 days too late,according to some, is spitting in your face.

or was it the article from baker about how we can have similar success in football as memphis has had. I guess that's setting your lawn on fire.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  114
  • Days Won:  0

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

right. because that's what they do.....

an article about why a local 5 star might choose us but is 10 days too late,according to some, is spitting in your face.

or was it the article from baker about how we can have similar success in football as memphis has had. I guess that's setting your lawn on fire.

I’m talking more so about articles that push strongly for a rivalry with FAU or pieces against our on-campus stadium.

They do cover the Bulls and I appreciate it, but they don’t treat them like the hometown team— they’d much rather be writing about the Gators and the Noles, and they make it clear.

10 minutes ago, Bullfrog said:

I’m talking more so about articles that push strongly for a rivalry with FAU or pieces against our on-campus stadium.

They do cover the Bulls and I appreciate it, but they don’t treat them like the hometown team— they’d much rather be writing about the Gators and the Noles, and they make it clear.

They write about the noles and gators because there is more demand for them in our market. blame that on our fans. not them.

they wrote the FAU angle because we were playing them that week and the AAC has that game as one of 6 that will occur every year. the aac is trying to make it a rivalry.

maybe if all the bulls fans hadn't cancelled their subscriptions they would write about us.

there is nothing wrong with asking if a $350m stadium is worth it. they question whether it is worth it for the rays as well.

I can form my own opinion about it but it's nice for people to ask the questions so that I can be better informed.

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,914
  • Days Won:  33

41 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

Considering how many on here complain about their coverage and claim they cancelled long ago, why should they consider our coverage a priority?

With as bad as the industry is, I'm just glad we have a local newspaper at all.

Do you have a paid subscription?

Yes, I have a subscription, but I rarely read the sports stories any longer.

I do believe the complaints about their coverage, or lack thereof, are warranted at times. They can send Baker to the SEC football meetings, but not to the AAC football meetings, especially when we have a new head coach. That should be upsetting to our fans and I can't argue against that line of thinking. They can't send anyone to our road games, they can't put up a proper picture from our win at UConn. Our fans see this, so why would it come as a surprise that people are cancelling subscriptions.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I assumed they had just posted the article.  It was news to me and I hadn't see anything on here about him. 

Discussed quite a long time ago about Karter Know after we attracted his brother here.  But no one can read everything. 

John was referring to the TBT after Karter Knox or his rep tweeted a week or so ago.  I saw that tweet too.  Honestly, didn't think to post it here, it is likely on the Recruiting board or elsewhere.  It would be an extreme longshot and I am mostly concerned with the ones here when it comes to recruiting.

2 minutes ago, John Lewis said:

Yes, I have a subscription, but I rarely read the sports stories any longer.

I do believe the complaints about their coverage, or lack thereof, are warranted at times. They can send Baker to the SEC football meetings, but not to the AAC football meetings, especially when we have a new head coach. That should be upsetting to our fans and I can't argue against that line of thinking. They can't send anyone to our road games, they can't put up a proper picture from our win at UConn. Our fans see this, so why would it come as a surprise that people are cancelling subscriptions.

honestly all those issues have to do less with us and more to do with the industry. Newspapers are going the way of the dinosaur.

It's unfortunate but that's the reality. They are cutting costs everywhere just to try and survive.

Just wait until they use AI to "write" their articles.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

and TBT posted it before anyone from TBP did

:roflmao:

Is that the standard now?