• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Tampa Bay Times

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, Cat941 said:

They have claimed that until USF does something positive and newsworthy, they won't waste the ink.  I'm paraphrasing. You would think that a road win out of conference would meet their criteria.  When was our last road win out of conference?  A long time ago.  It's big news to me.  

Mean Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Huge limitations in the print edition for Sunday because of time constraints. You didn't see anything about #4 FSU or the Horror Night at Amalie for the same reason.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  2,958
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I know, I know. 

I Know Prime Video GIF by ThePeopleWeHateAtTheWedding

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Days Won:  3

4th page of Sports Extra, six columns above the fold, no photos. But there's plenty of ink for our future ACC conference mates FSU & The U. :iconic_u_black:

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, Bullfrog said:

Physical paper came today. I see an article in the sports section for UF (who didn’t play this week) and ucf (who isn’t even in Tampa, and who lost).

Am I missing something again? I don’t see anything about the Bulls W in the physical newspaper

Thank you for this. Glad I cancelled the physical paper long ago. Used to love it during the leavitt days and looked forward to it. Still have cutouts from some of our big dubs.

Anyways what a shame....but we all know that

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Lonely nerd, sitting at a bar, writing a story for a paper ….that really narrows it down to the TBT staff.   

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

They didn't put one in the e-newspaper, because they probably didn't have any from game yet.

Because they weren’t there? Do you know the ones that give a **** have cameras that are connected to Wi-Fi and they can upload pictures and put pictures wherever they want.  

26 minutes ago, Brad said:

Because they weren’t there? Do you know the ones that give a **** have cameras that are connected to Wi-Fi and they can upload pictures and put pictures wherever they want.  

Maybe Purks should have taken a screen shot off the tv. At least they used a local guy familiar with the program to write the story. We have seen them use someone from the city where they’re playing or just an AP report. 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,775
  • Days Won:  3

Well, when it comes to high-octane sports stories, few and far between can rival something of the magnitude of U of SF actually beating a 1 and 5 Uconn team by three points. Then again, that win did catapult U of SF's win tally to the equivalent of the combined three previous season's win total for xCJS, putting U of SF at a sold .500 for the season, thus far. For a bunch of people who take considerable pride in having cancelled their subscriptions, how odd that we complain about the lack of coverage. Even though it's covered - we're complaining that it's not in the physical paper. Aren't you people s'posed to be all digital in 2023? Didn't the cool kids decide to forego newspaper (online or other) for other equally cool sources of information? I gotta go back and look at my notes ...

8 hours ago, Brad said:

Lonely nerd, sitting at a bar, writing a story for a paper ….that really narrows it down to the TBT staff.   

Just to clarify this, I don't think that "nerd" is part of the TBT staff.

6 hours ago, WoolyBully said:

Well, when it comes to high-octane sports stories, few and far between can rival something of the magnitude of U of SF actually beating a 1 and 5 Uconn team by three points. Then again, that win did catapult U of SF's win tally to the equivalent of the combined three previous season's win total for xCJS, putting U of SF at a sold .500 for the season, thus far. For a bunch of people who take considerable pride in having cancelled their subscriptions, how odd that we complain about the lack of coverage. Even though it's covered - we're complaining that it's not in the physical paper. Aren't you people s'posed to be all digital in 2023? Didn't the cool kids decide to forego newspaper (online or other) for other equally cool sources of information? I gotta go back and look at my notes ...

I believe the clinical term for what you're doing there is pissing up a rope ...