• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ro was THE MAN!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,611
  • Days Won:  424

20 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

He's either a $25k donor or friends with one since he goes into the Hardwood Club for men's games.

He and CB have floor seats on either side of our basket but not sure who's they are ..... ****, we should comp them for the seats.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

13 minutes ago, Southbull said:

Yeah loved this guy. Does anyone remember the pregame warm up Radenko, Gary Alexander and those guys used to do on the paint key? The players would move, spin and pass the basketballs but the balls all stayed in the same location. I would love to see this from  USF men and women team’s today. 

With you. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  185
  • Days Won:  0

When I was a Student Manager in the early 2000s, Radenko was finishing up his pro career and would stop by to practice in the Sun Dome when we would finish practicing. I would usually rebound for him while I did the team’s laundry, but one day he asked if I wanted to play him in 21. Of course (as a huge fan of his & with his status as a Bulls legend), I couldn’t say no and jumped at the opportunity. He’s 6’7”, a deadly shooter and I’m 6’1”, so you can probably guess how it went. Yep, 21-0 Dobras! I never got the ball since he made every shot, but I did get a great memory! Thankfully Wanda Guyton only wanted me to rebound for her. GO BULLS!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

14 minutes ago, LAMONT SANFORD said:

When I was a Student Manager in the early 2000s, Radenko was finishing up his pro career and would stop by to practice in the Sun Dome when we would finish practicing. I would usually rebound for him while I did the team’s laundry, but one day he asked if I wanted to play him in 21. Of course (as a huge fan of his & with his status as a Bulls legend), I couldn’t say no and jumped at the opportunity. He’s 6’7”, a deadly shooter and I’m 6’1”, so you can probably guess how it went. Yep, 21-0 Dobras! I never got the ball since he made every shot, but I did get a great memory! Thankfully Wanda Guyton only wanted me to rebound for her. GO BULLS!!!

Lamont, A great story. 

• Go Bulls! 2

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

Sitting next to him in the computer lab on a few occasions was my first brush with USF greatness. 

I remember really wanting him to get the ball at the end of the game. You didn’t know if he was going to shoot it or make the perfect choice of whom to pass it to, but there was always hope. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,981
  • Days Won:  12

I love that were trying to embrace our roots! 

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,880
  • Days Won:  67

10 hours ago, LAMONT SANFORD said:

I had a guy I worked with that was a really good friends of his and met him a few times, Radenko is a nice guy but went through a beret wearing phase which was kinda odd and not his best look.  He was a student manager as well with him during his playing days.  My years matched Dobras and the 2 tourney invites, he is my all time favorite by a mile. 

2 hours ago, hm101 said:

I love that were trying to embrace our roots! 

Love seeing it but we did do it a lot last year, too ......

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,880
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

Love seeing it but we did do it a lot last year, too ......

Maybe we were embracing our unsuccessful roots, need to focus on our successful roots.  Ex… bring back Matt Groethe however maybe pass on Matt Floyd.  I hope this nugget of wisdom provides some clarity around this topic.

Just now, Friscobull said:

Maybe we were embracing our unsuccessful roots, need to focus on our successful roots.  Ex… bring back Matt Groethe however maybe pass on Matt Floyd.  I hope this nugget of wisdom provides some clarity around this topic.

Good call ..... maybe we shouldn't do another Orlando Antigua night.

• Haha 2