• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Rice post game presser

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

You can tell the attendance thing really bothers him.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

40 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

As a coach coming to work here you have to know that this is what you're getting. To say "I wasn't here back then" when talking about wins/losses doesn't mean he wasn't aware of it.  And he certainly had to know about our attendance issues. Had they beaten Alabama attendance would have been better - not full house different - but better.  The sarcasm about student turnout wasn't a great look for him IMO.  

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

27 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

As a coach coming to work here you have to know that this is what you're getting. To say "I wasn't here back then" when talking about wins/losses doesn't mean he wasn't aware of it.  And he certainly had to know about our attendance issues. Had they beaten Alabama attendance would have been better - not full house different - but better.  The sarcasm about student turnout wasn't a great look for him IMO.  

You're right.  He did know what he was getting in to but he still doesn't like it.  Even if we start winning, I don't think we'll see a huge jump in attendance as long as we're still playing the Charlotte's and UTSA's of the world.  Winning and high level competition, see Alabama,  brings out the Tampa Bay sports fan.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

But he thanks the people that come every time.  I think that's the right attitude vs complaining.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

But he thanks the people that come every time.  I think that's the right attitude vs complaining.

Absolutely. Complaining about low attendance to the people who show up and care is complaining to the wrong people. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Just now, TallyBull said:

Absolutely. Complaining about low attendance to the people who show up and care is complaining to the wrong people. 

As far as I’m aware, he only complained about the attendance during the press conferences which aren’t just being broadcasted for the people who show up to the games. If you were at the game, he’s not talking about you. It’s a way of communicating through the media to everyone who happens to see it in the newspapers, online, and in televised reports. He speaks his mind and is honest, maybe to a fault? The players seem to appreciate it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

35 minutes ago, USFBulls12 said:

he only complained about the attendance during the press conferences

I don't see it as complaining.  He is thanking the people who come to the games and saying we need to fill the stadium up.  These are facts.  He chooses his themes carefully. :iconic_u_black:

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

21 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I don't see it as complaining.  He is thanking the people who come to the games and saying we need to fill the stadium up.  These are facts.  He chooses his themes carefully. :iconic_u_black:

I don't see it as complaining either, I was just using TallyBull's word in response to the post. I should have mentioned in my comment that I didn't see it as such.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

Awesome! Thanks for posting the YouTube link. I love how Coach Go is simplifying things for the players…do this, perfect what you’re doing, and you will get the results you deserve. They are seeing now that he was right and it should result in them even working harder. Things like this become self fulfilling prophecies in a good way just like negatives can drag you down. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

He did thank everyone but, while he didn't complain, I picked up some sarcasm which isn't a good look just IMO.  I get that it's a tightrope act between being grateful for those that show up and trying to drum up new customers. And it may just have been my take on it. The words were all correct I just picked up something in the tone.