• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Power Running and Pass Defense

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

3 minutes ago, Brad said:

Slept straight through until the pug we're babysitting pretended to be a rooster.

😆

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  879
  • Days Won:  1

Secondary will need to step up. Hopefully they have since week 1. Need big games out of Evans and Brown. Want Berryhill to be a big presence too like he was against FAMU. The front 7 should do their thing if last week's aggression maintains. 

Offensively, still need to develop the short and intermediate passing attack. Oh and, OL OL OL. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,498
  • Days Won:  0

If they are smart, they'll try and shut down the run and force Byrum to find some open receivers.    Our defense will keep it close, but I don't see them getting as much pressure as they did against Bama.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,119
  • Days Won:  39

Beatrice , let's go snap necks.

Golden Girls Omg GIF by HULU

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  245
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, bullstampede9922 said:

If they are smart, they'll try and shut down the run and force Byrum to find some open receivers.    Our defense will keep it close, but I don't see them getting as much pressure as they did against Bama.

Are you saying rice’s offensive line is better than bama’s? No way…if we can get to the qb against an perennial SEC power…we will harass their signal caller all afternoon!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 minute ago, Bullsaficianado said:

Are you saying rice’s offensive line is better than bama’s? No way…if we can get to the qb against an perennial SEC power…we will harass their signal caller all afternoon!

More to do with the qb than OL. 6th year qb will know how/when to get rid of the ball a lot better than the Tide's qb's ........ but we can still knock him around a bit, just not late hopefully.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  2,983
  • Days Won:  2

WWW.ACTIONNETWORK.COM

Read on for Rice vs. USF odds, picks and predictions, including our college football betting preview for Saturday, Sept. 23.

For those expecting another shut-down week of defense for South Florida, you're probably out of luck. Alabama not only had to endure the worst weather of any game this season, but a coaching decision left its most dynamic and experienced quarterback on the sideline.

South Florida allowed 41 points to Western Kentucky in Week 1 – a team with a similar scheme and personnel to Rice. Conference games normally see an increase in competitiveness and lower scores, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Owls score something similarly to the Hilltoppers.

The USF defense is averaging 11.0 missed tackles per game, according to Pro Football Focus. Rice will be able to get in space and create extra chunk plays as a result.

I do think 31 points by the Rice offense will be enough to cover this spread. I know Alabama is a formidable opponent and these numbers are likely skewed a bit, but South Florida's offensive line has allowed 15 sacks and 58 pressures in three games.

To be blunt, that is atrocious.

Rice will get out front and stay out front, especially if USF is forced to drop back and pass.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,401
  • Days Won:  10

20 minutes ago, Cat941 said:
WWW.ACTIONNETWORK.COM

Read on for Rice vs. USF odds, picks and predictions, including our college football betting preview for Saturday, Sept. 23.

For those expecting another shut-down week of defense for South Florida, you're probably out of luck. Alabama not only had to endure the worst weather of any game this season, but a coaching decision left its most dynamic and experienced quarterback on the sideline.

South Florida allowed 41 points to Western Kentucky in Week 1 – a team with a similar scheme and personnel to Rice. Conference games normally see an increase in competitiveness and lower scores, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Owls score something similarly to the Hilltoppers.

The USF defense is averaging 11.0 missed tackles per game, according to Pro Football Focus. Rice will be able to get in space and create extra chunk plays as a result.

I do think 31 points by the Rice offense will be enough to cover this spread. I know Alabama is a formidable opponent and these numbers are likely skewed a bit, but South Florida's offensive line has allowed 15 sacks and 58 pressures in three games.

To be blunt, that is atrocious.

Rice will get out front and stay out front, especially if USF is forced to drop back and pass.

Well, I think the author is wrong and his mother dresses him funny.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

5 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Well, I think the author is wrong and his mother dresses him funny.

.... and his father smells of elderberries.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  3,417
  • Days Won:  3

Sounds about right. That said, let's see if coaches and players have learned anything in our OOC games.