• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Attendance

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

12 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

September 22, 2018 - ECU.  Same weekend 5 years ago.

Way too long. That was our last winning season. I hope by the end of the game we can be like

suck my dick GIF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/18/2023 at 9:12 PM, Outlaw said:

Way too long. That was our last winning season. I hope by the end of the game we can be like

suck my dick GIF

Hopefully this year we break that streak

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

On 9/18/2023 at 5:42 PM, USF_Bullsharks said:

I'd like to disagree - but the reality is quite true sadly. They are a phenomenal school, but take this into account. Rice was established in 1912, or 110 years ago. In that time, they've totaled 84,000 alumni, with a large percentage of them no longer on this earth (~60k living). Even if you remove the academically-focused variable (near-ivy league level), they literally just do not have the # of living alumni to fill even the largest stadium in their own conference. To put that into perspective, USF has more than 260,000 alumni living in the state of Florida alone. 

Quite outstanding when you realize their endowment is nearly $8B. 

Anyways, **** 'em. Bulls gon win the foosball game. 

Rice's enrollment is smaller then University of Tampa.  Crazy that UT has gotten pretty big, it is also bigger then schools like Wake Forest   I think USF is missing the boat with UT students.   Maybe have a game that we honor UT's old football program to get some of those kids  to experience the fun FBS football

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

1 hour ago, goingbackbull said:

Maybe have a game that we honor UT's old football program to get some of those kids  to experience the fun FBS football

That's really not a bad idea ...... if both parties could agree to it.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,458
  • Days Won:  19

22 minutes ago, Triple B said:
1 hour ago, goingbackbull said:

Maybe have a game that we honor UT's old football program to get some of those kids  to experience the fun FBS football

That's really not a bad idea ...... if both parties could agree to it.

That would be fun.  Used to love watching those guys play, particularly that 1972 team with players who became even more famous later like Freddie Solomon, John Matuszak and Paul Orndorff and earlier soon-to-be CFL legend Leon McQuay. I later remember attending a Minaret Society event where I was seated next to Freddie Solomon.  It was a thrill for me and he was very gracious.

image.jpeg.aa156f631ec09e4a9715d7971cb31efb.jpeg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

53 minutes ago, SilverBull said:

That would be fun.  Used to love watching those guys play, particularly that 1972 team with players who became even more famous later like Freddie Solomon, John Matuszak and Paul Orndorff and earlier soon-to-be CFL legend Leon McQuay. I later remember attending a Minaret Society event where I was seated next to Freddie Solomon.  It was a thrill for me and he was very gracious.

image.jpeg.aa156f631ec09e4a9715d7971cb31efb.jpeg

Remember those days well ..... kinder, gentler times back when you supported the home team because they were the home team, not who they were playing. You kinda figure, though, if there was any interest on either side something would possibly have been done already.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  686
  • Content Count:  7,657
  • Days Won:  6

LOTS of seats still for sale.  I'm now going with the under on 30k.

GO BULLS!

South Florida Bulls Football vs. Rice University Owls Football Tickets Sep 23, 2023 Tampa, FL | Ticketmaster

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,075
  • Days Won:  469

I'm afraid that might be true...

Please be there students!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,621
  • Days Won:  25

49 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

LOTS of seats still for sale.  I'm now going with the under on 30k.

GO BULLS!

South Florida Bulls Football vs. Rice University Owls Football Tickets Sep 23, 2023 Tampa, FL | Ticketmaster

Some people probably listed their tickets hoping someone buys them and if not hopefully decide to go. Lots of other good games on around that time frame, but Bulls come first!

• Go Bulls! 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

On 9/20/2023 at 7:57 PM, Triple B said:

Remember those days well ..... kinder, gentler times back when you supported the home team because they were the home team, not who they were playing. You kinda figure, though, if there was any interest on either side something would possibly have been done already.

UT may not want its students getting any ideas about bringing back the football team...