• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  2,588
  • Days Won:  3

I am enjoying my $100 seasons tickets. I would be willing to relocate to not as good seats if prices go up in the new stadium though.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

it does have an effect on price.

Sure with demand, prices will rise and quantity demanded/demand will ultimately shrink.  We don't need to do that.

And that's why we're discussing price and false prices.  Demand matters, not how many seats you reduce to.  That doesn't drive demand.

5 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

didn't say anything about supply having an effect on demand.

Sorry, I'm in a (boring) webinar and may be crossing the multiple discussions.  Still supply may affect price, given a demand for the product.

My bored look, but check that background.

image.png

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, Brad said:

Sorry, I'm in a (boring) webinar and may be crossing the multiple discussions.  Still supply may affect price, given a demand for the product.

yes absolutely. supply meets demand at  equilibrium market prices. if they want to sell out and maximize revenue then they will price tickets at equilibrium.

there will be people priced out. it will be unfortunate. I can't imagine there will be $100 season  tickets anymore.

we had more people at famu than the ocs will hold.

What is our Season ticket base today?   That number used to get shared with me every season...I haven't heard in a while.  Curious. 

After a quick search on the board, this is the most recent I saw.  Quoted from a GoUSFBulls story:

USF fans have been eagerly anticipating the 2018 season, which opens Sept. 1 in a 6 p.m. kickoff vs. Elon, and as of Aug. 1 have purchased 15,698 season tickets. The total to date has already surpassed total season ticket sale numbers for last season. Among the 2018 sales to date are more than 2,500 new season ticket purchases.

Would be hard to imagine we're that high now, post Quinton/Marlon etc.

So there should be plenty of seats.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Yep. See the cost of building the stadium and think that money could be used somewhere else (or not spent at all). Honesly, we've not committed to any donation for it yet. We'll see how the next couple of seasons play out and what our interest is in college football.

I can see us staying with WBB long term but not sure about the other sports. Spoke with baseball coach, MTennis and new Beach Volleyball coaches last night at an event. These people amaze me with their optimism and plans. Even though BVB doesn't have an official season until 25-26 the coach is hard at work every day. Plans for placement of the courts is still TBD. Next to the YC is not ideal because it limits the number of courts to 4 where 5 or 6 would be ideal. CBM of baseball will also be pitching coach this year. 

Sorry - off topic.

It just seems kind of weird to me, if he left because the product sucks then that is understandable however the reason he chose to non renew is an OCS? Unless it made the drive more difficult( doubt that) he seems like he simply has had enough.  He seems kind of grumpy and you have been lately as well, I suggest shedding him, always good to lose some dead weight, may help you turn that frown upside down. 😀

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

It's funny but to me that was one of the best parts of his regime ..... obviously I must not have been negatively affected as some were ... but he had to try something to get the donor level up. The level had been pretty anemic in comparison to programs at our level, and even below.

But in doing so:

1) Donor levels did not see a significant rise

2) Everyone moved to the west side, making the stadium look empty and overcrowding the west club 

3) Diminished a large portion of the value of priority points 

4) He actually reduced giving requirements in several areas which encouraged to give less and based at least in my section did not increase donations/season tickets. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, Brad said:

After a quick search on the board, this is the most recent I saw.  Quoted from a GoUSFBulls story:

Would be hard to imagine we're that high now, post Quinton/Marlon etc.

So there should be plenty of seats.

you have to consider 5k tickets to opposing fans and 10k for students. that's getting pretty close to capacity