• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Scouting Bama!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,357
  • Days Won:  5

If it’s not 50 to 0 at halftime I will be shocked. Will be an ugly loss. Just don’t want to hurt key players.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Most worried about our o line or lack of one vs Bama. Roll BB out of pocket all game long. 

Defense might be able to hang for awhile if they play out of mind...they been pretty good vs run. Secondary need to keep dishing out the hits. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

19 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

If it’s not 50 to 0 at halftime I will be shocked. Will be an ugly loss. Just don’t want to hurt key players.

Prepare to be shocked then,  Even Middle Tennessee State kept the Tide to 28 points at half time, and forced Alabama to punt twice on six first-half possessions ... and while the "Chicken Littles" on this board will disagree, USF is a better team than MTSU.

Also, I think USF will score in the first half... maybe twice.

Bama is going to win, no doubt... but this Alabama team is not the Bama from the last few seasons.  Their QB and RB situation is probably the worst since Nick Saban arrived - there are no potential Heisman candidates on the roster at those positions.

Edited by Jim Johnson

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Jim Johnson said:

Prepare to be shocked then,  Even Middle Tennessee State kept the Tide to 28 points at half time, and forced Alabama to punt twice on six first-half possessions ... and while the "Chicken Littles" on this board will disagre, USF is a better team than MTSU.

Also, I think USF will score in the first half... maybe twice.

Bama is going to win, no doubt... but this Alabama team is not the Bama from the last few seasons.  Their QB and RB situation is probably the worst since Nick Saban arrived - there are no potential Heisman candidates on the roster at those positions.

Middle Tennessee is pretty good team they played Missouri close the following game and won like 8 or 9 games last year. 

But I agree this isn't the Bama team of years before but still very good. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,834
  • Content Count:  5,491
  • Days Won:  13

4 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Middle Tennessee is pretty good team they played Missouri close the following game and won like 8 or 9 games last year. 

But I agree this isn't the Bama team of years before but still very good. 

Everything's relative, right?  Bama '23 isn't Bama '17 or Bama '20.  This Crimson Tide squad isn't going to the CFP, but still wins 9 or 10 games -- including this coming weekend.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  581
  • Days Won:  0

It appears they've been scouting us as well...

NEWS.TIDEFANS.COM

A truism of the Nick Saban era at Alabama: You don’t want to be the opponent that follows an Alabama loss. Unfortunately for South Florida, the Bulls completely lost the...

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Let's not lose track of an important stat....Bama is 0-1 this season against teams with bovine mascots! 

USF needs a few things to go its way to keep this one close. First, they have to cut down on the penalties. We are near the bottom of the NCAA in that category. Can't afford to give Bama free first downs. Second, we have to find a way to get BB some time to throw the ball. Rolling him out of the pocket would seem to be a wise move. Third, we have to keep up the good special teams play. USF is #13 in net punting and #31 in kickoff return defense. Finally, we need to play smart on offense. Play fast when it makes sense, but take a moment to get the right play call and personnel on the field for third-and-long type of situations. I don't think we will be able to wear down Bama's defense. 

An opening drive score would be huge. The longer the Bama contingent can stay quiet, the better. I just hope we don't suffer any significant injuries in this one and that we can come out of this game with the sense that we got better and that we will continue to get better as a team. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

The good thing about our offensive line is that they suck in pass protection, but at least they are serviceable in run blocking. 

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

1 hour ago, Gatorbull325 said:

The good thing about our offensive line is that they suck in pass protection, but at least they are serviceable in run blocking. 

Are we sure about that yet? Yes, they looked good in the WKU game, but we only averaged 2.5 ypc versus FAMU. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,571
  • Days Won:  28

19 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Are we sure about that yet? Yes, they looked good in the WKU game, but we only averaged 2.5 ypc versus FAMU. 

FAMU stacked the box and has some **** good DT's. I'm hoping their DT Gentle Hunts transfers here as a grad transfer. If we can figure out the passing game, then the offensive line will have a more favorable matchup.