• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FireAlexGolesh.com

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, DontPushMe said:

Spoiler alert: he's not 

It is is first time being the head coach. How did your first time go? Were you a bona-fide stud  out the gate? Sadly he will need at least few games to learn on the job. We will know a lot more after game 6 whether he can improve the program or not.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

We can get back and better with good coaching.  Not going to decide if goach is the guy yet or not.   Historically Bad teams have turnover it around  instantly look at Colorado today, but you need good coaching from day 1. We didn't get that today unfortunately because Goach is inexperienced.  You saw the veteran coach Helton make adjustments to win today and Goach didn't make the right adjustments. 

For a first game against pretty decent competition he did ok. It wasn’t the win many wanted, but I’m not sure he was set up for success. I think he tried to set up a simple game plan that the team could execute. We didn’t execute. That is on both the players and coaches. We lost some pieces that could’ve helped, but that’s the nature of the beast. I think we will know what kind of coach he is by conference play. He will need to have the players ready to bounce back next week. After that we will see how this program handles spotlights and big games. We will either mature rapidly or set things back. Coach and his staff have a lot of work cutout for them 

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

We'll know more next week when we see if we roll FAMU or squeak by with a 10 point victory.   Blow them out by 4 TDs and we're on the right track

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497

I think we will have a much better idea after the navy game. If we can't blow out famu then we are in deep cow dung.

2 minutes ago, olafberserker said:

We'll know more next week when we see if we roll FAMU or squeak by with a 10 point victory.   Blow them out by 4 TDs and we're on the right track

Brace yourself. This game might be closer than you expect. We should pull it out. But I didn’t see anything today that indicated that we are blowing them away. The coaches have to separate the Floyds from the Flowers before we will be closer to firing on all cylinders 

4 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I think we will have a much better idea after the navy game. If we can't blow out famu then we are in deep cow dung.

Nervous Deep Breath GIF by Pudgy Penguins

FAMU will still be considered under ojt, right?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  3,354
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

Brace yourself. This game might be closer than you expect. We should pull it out. But I didn’t see anything today that indicated that we are blowing them away. The coaches have to separate the Floyds from the Flowers before we will be closer to firing on all cylinders 

If he knows how to coach we blow out FAMU.  Might look ugly early, but eventually we should pull away and blow them out.  If we don't , then let the questioning begin (kind of)

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Under Scott our fcs wins were on avg by 20 points.  

So Famu will be a decent gauge to see how we are trending in game 2. 

1 minute ago, olafberserker said:

If he knows how to coach we blow out FAMU.  Might look ugly early, but eventually we should pull away and blow them out.  If we don't , then let the questioning begin (kind of)

I think the depth and talent are a bigger issue than we believe it is. We got exploited today. This shouldn’t be an issue next week, but keep an eye on it

Also, to earn a w he has to open up the playbook. I think he’ll adjust though.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,485
  • Days Won:  13

Hated this hire from day one, that being said he comes back for year 2 no matter what. We could go 0-12 and the right move is for him to come back. Needs atleast 1 full recruiting cycle.