• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

There’s the USF we know and love!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

9 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

OK, fair enough. I’m just consistently perplexed about why we’re losing to FGCU, Mercer, UNF, Northeastern, Southeast Missouri State, etc. I feel like we should be a program that handles those games more often than not.

Honestly, Dave, it was the title that triggered my knee jerk response. I’d expect that from some of the knuckleheads in here. I agree we should probably beat some of these teams more often than not and maybe we do, I don’t know.  MSOC shut out Mercer last year …… VB I got no answer for and that’s depressing because it’s probably my favoritist W sport …. Maybe one day. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,029
  • Days Won:  10

13 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

How is it living in misery to recognize how consistently poor - year-in and year-out - many of our programs are performing against others with fewer resources? So the idea is to just whitewash it? If you follow USF sports, we’re mostly presented with misery. We, as fans, don’t create it or choose it.

if we had clobbered FGCU and Mercer last night, I would have posted that.

I agree with you. I think what most fans want is accountability. I don't wobble in misery because USF loses on the field. I have learned over the years that there are so much more important things in life then sports or winning. Most important thing in life is family and health. Sports is just entertainment  But the frustrating thing about USF athletics is the lack of accountability at the top.

Edited by belgianbull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,608
  • Days Won:  424

On 9/2/2023 at 5:49 AM, Dave_Glaser said:

How is it living in misery to recognize how consistently poor - year-in and year-out - many of our programs are performing against others with fewer resources? So the idea is to just whitewash it? If you follow USF sports, we’re mostly presented with misery. We, as fans, don’t create it or choose it.

if we had clobbered FGCU and Mercer last night, I would have posted that.

Just to expound on some positives some may have missed, VB did clobber Mercer and Idaho State in that tournament ..... and Andrade was named AAC Offensive Player of the Week, first time for USF since 2016. She's only 5' 8", which seems awful short for the college level.

230901-VBvISU-SG0092.JPG?preset=large.so
GOUSFBULLS.COM

Irving, Texas, September 4, 2023 – After leading the Bulls with 48 kills, outside hitter Maria Clara Andrade (Sao Paulo, Brazil) was named the American Athletic Conference...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,691
  • Days Won:  108

11 hours ago, Triple B said:

Just to expound on some positives some may have missed, VB did clobber Mercer and Idaho State in that tournament ..... and Andrade was named AAC Offensive Player of the Week, first time for USF since 2016. She's only 5' 8", which seems awful short for the college level.

230901-VBvISU-SG0092.JPG?preset=large.so
GOUSFBULLS.COM

Irving, Texas, September 4, 2023 – After leading the Bulls with 48 kills, outside hitter Maria Clara Andrade (Sao Paulo, Brazil) was named the American Athletic Conference...

Figured at 5'8" she was a libero. Outside hitter? Must have serious hops.