• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Our new rivals.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052
  • Days Won:  0

UCF isn't our rival....They are our Beatches!!!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

maybe i am too NEW SCHOOL for most of the people on here...but...

UCF is actually a good school, ranked higher than us, more students...just in a ****** city.

and a toilet paper conference...we whiped our ass with c-usa and flushed it.

but UCF deserves more respect then your bitter ass wishes to give.

i have good friends who went to school there and still go to school there...

did you see their turnout for the c-usa game?

yea we had 45+ vs w va and it would of been 52+ if we would of  beaten UConn.

and yes i know that Uconn is  A LOT better than Tulsa, Rice, etc...........

i know we are BETTER...but dont mean we arent rivals

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,845
  • Days Won:  22

I dont have a problem with playing UCF yearly and im sure it will become a more heated rivalry BUT if you ask me which school i rather beat it would be PITT.

Is it a rivalry? probably not because most Pitt fans dont feel the same for us but i still rather beat Pitt than UCF.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

PITT sucks

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

My selections for rivalries?

-Cincinnasti. We've competed in two separate conferences against one another. We were paired up with one another for rivalry weekend this year, and before that match-up we were 1-1 against them. Years prior, it was CINCY who smashed our bowl hopes when we were independent by winning their game and taking a spot that might have been ours.

-UCF. The way I see it, there are a few things characteristic o most great rivalries: Proximity, Similarity, and History. With little exception, all of the great ones have at least two, if not all three of these characteristics. So let's consider proximity: Auburn-Bama. Florida-Florida State. Duke-Carolina. Bloods-Crips. Hatfields-McCoys. When you're right next to one another, you can't help but fight. Over resources, turf, respect. With similarity, stick your noses in the air all you want, like it or not, UCF and us are VERY similar institutions. Founded roughly a decade apart, an hour away from one another, similar in size, stature, and relevance in the state of Florida university system. We ARE the schools that make up tier 2 of the Florida D-IA football programs (we're not UF, FSU, or Miami [yet] and if you don't realize this, I can't help you). And finally, history. We don't have much, as far as football's concerned, yet. So let's make it! Hell, I almost (almost!) want them to win a game in the next few years so it can be a rivalry and not just a domination. Somebody rip off an I-4 road sign and make it a trophy. Build a neutral site stadium in Polk County (after us and UCF get our own!) This definitely has the trappings of becoming Florida's next great football rivalry.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  48

WVU - they'll consider us flies to be swatted for the next few years - it'll be a rivarly when we can rival their skills.

Where do you get this stuff?  WVU went into the USF game with a lot of respect for USF and you all gave a pretty good accounting of yourself.  I don't think WVU fans underestimate USF at all.  Cincy?  Well, that's another story...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  193

I'm gonna have to go with UCF...littledrummerboy makes a very good point in that most rivalries are within the same state/proximity. Growing up as a Carolina lover/Duke hater, I think rivalries are more fun when it stays within the state.

I also agree with the media helping to make it a rivalry-they are going to play up the War on I4 like crazy!