• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bianchi Tops the Locals

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

5 hours ago, Jim Johnson said:

I am misremembering the game... I thought it was Mike White that played at Miami.  Games back then have blurred together.

Nah it was definitely #13 as we were giving the fans in Miami a hard time by telling them that Dan Marino found a year of eligibility and came back to beat them lol

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,468
  • Days Won:  19

22 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Not sure if it was a Big East requirement, but we did say that we would upgrade our facilities if we were invited.

Our sources back in the day were probably the same (yours are much better than mine for the last 10 years:) - my memory was the Big East required the Sun Dome renovation, but the other facilities were our choice. 

I don't think the Big East said specifically what they wanted done to the Sun Dome, but that it needed a refresh. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

26 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

my memory was the Big East required the Sun Dome renovation, but the other facilities were our choice. 

I don't think the Big East said specifically what they wanted done to the Sun Dome, but that it needed a refresh. 

Makes sense for an elite basketball conference!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  227
  • Days Won:  0

22 hours ago, John Lewis said:

Not sure if it was a Big East requirement, but we did say that we would upgrade our facilities if we were invited.

Thanks for the response.  USF joining the Big East was before I got interested in USF athletics, so I don’t really know what happened back then.  My assumption was that we were required to focus on renovating the Sun Dome and the other facilities as opposed to getting an OCS.   Good news is that we’ll take care of that soon.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

19 hours ago, Friscobull said:

No he isn’t, what planet are you on, jeez Bobby Eveld??

Bobby Eveld finished it, but IIRC BJ Daniels started the game before getting hurt, so Jim was kinda sorta half right. The starting QB did play in the NFL

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, GoBulls84 said:

Bobby Eveld finished it, but IIRC BJ Daniels started the game before getting hurt, so Jim was kinda sorta half right. The starting QB did play in the NFL

Not really, he had the wrong QB that won the game and said is in the NFL and not was in the NFL.  I am all about the details and stand by my statement our QB play that day was trash. BJ had a 34 rating before he got hurt.

21 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Not really, he had the wrong QB that won the game and said is in the NFL and not was in the NFL.  I am all about the details and stand by my statement our QB play that day was trash. BJ had a 34 rating before he got hurt.

Think that win at Miami did two things. It helped Miami Coach Randy Shannon get fired & and it helped Skip Holtz get an extension after finishing 5-7 lol 

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Bull Matrix said:

Think that win at Miami did two things. It helped Miami Coach Randy Shannon get fired & and it helped Skip Holtz get an extension after finishing 5-7 lol 

Yes on Shannon, skip was 8-5 that year, they went on the beat Clemson in the bowl, followed it up with an opening win at ND, then the wheels came off.  

• Upvote 1

Thanks! Got the years mixed up

Edited by Bull Matrix

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

58 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

That's why I said kinda sorta. I'm willing to show a little flexibility for being in the vicinity of the ballpark